TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Massive game saturday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Should be tasty. Not seen Plymouth play so don't know if they've been lucky or decent so far. 

We should relish the chance to build a gap. Take on anyone at The Park.
Scoring a few, but letting in quite a few too.

2-1 should be about right.
Only let in 3 goals in the last 7 league games - not counting the cup games as things were changed around for them. Having said that, think we might let one in so going for 3-1.
We've been excellent so far and it's great to see real optimism at fp.

We don't have a good record v Plymouth and I think they may surprise us. I think a 0 1 loss.

Hope I'm wrong. We are more than capable of winning though.
Lol, a loss, how strange
Lol Ba is consistent I give him that. Argyle have sold their allocation of tickets, cracking atmosphere for sure. 2.0 Pompey
They'll be up for it, but we are at home. They'll make us earn it but I think we will win
Last 2 home games we have gifted the opposition a goal, lets hope we cut that out
(14-09-2022, 11:46 AM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Last 2 home games we have gifted the opposition a goal, lets hope we cut that out

Unlikely given Griffiths penchant for passing to the opposition. He's due a howler. Let's hope it doesn't affect the result though. 

Feeling bullish about this one. We've got our mojo back.
In recent years Plymouth have been like an itch you can’t scratch to us. Would love us to beat them convincingly.
Plymouth see us a cup final.

They don't like us and we don't really care about them. They raise their game v us.

We are a much bigger club than them in every sense, and they don't like that. 

Plymouth have never been anything in English football and never will be.
(14-09-2022, 03:11 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Plymouth see us a cup final.

They don't like us and we don't really care about them. They raise their game v us.

That’s a tad arrogant moosh. Plymouth Argyle is a fine old club with a long history and supporters that love their club in exactly the same way we love ours.
I'm working back and forth in Plymouth atm, generally the average Joe that I talk to don't 'dislike' us in the way I'm assuming you're talking about. Yes they see us as a big game and are up for it but none of this cup final stuff. I've been invited to the reverse match at Homo Park (now that does annoy them!) by one of their lads sitting with them all, that could be interesting!
When I was a young matelot I enjoyed many a game at Home Pk , always in the away end of course .
When I was stationed in Guzz I used to take a coppers son to the games. I was seeing his wife's sister and the young lad was a Plymouth fan in the making.
The opposition never used to bring more than 500-750 fans and players like Gary Nelson and Tommy Tynan banged goals in for fun.
The only game I didn't take him to was when pompey played there and we took nearly 10000.
I saw him afterwards and he was just amazed

Busy day?
I have to ask, have Plymouth ever been to a cup final?
I read BigAlf on Pasoti who is laughing at the poster who said it was Plymouth's cup final.
He said that makes 12 in the last year. Obviously I'd argue he knows as much about cup finals as Exeter do. Thats their cup final.
Can't wait for that game!!!!!
I've always had a soft spot for Plymouth until they play pompey at anything. Then I can't stand them.
Plymouth is a big city but suffers from being in the middle of nowhere.
(14-09-2022, 04:47 PM)MrEko Wrote: [ -> ]

Got to agree with are slightly bigger than Plymouth. But it doesn't matter that we are bigger than them, as there are plenty of clubs we are smaller than, such as Villa or Crystal Palace. So this kind of attitude could come back to haunt us when/if we get promoted.

I know who you are and you're a scummer windup. This is a pompey forum, not for scummer trolls.

Pompey are much bigger than Plymouth and bigger than Palace too.

Slightly smaller than Villa.
(14-09-2022, 05:11 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/leagu...ttendances

That's not even accurate really. Sheff wed had 5k at Bolton this season.

We've soldout every game.

We'd be averaging around 25k at the minute with a bigger ground. Maybe even 30k.
Well, yes and no. The attendance is the attendance. But it does get skewed by away fan allocation. Which is why the Eisners are reconfiguring the Milton end to allow for more capacity utilisation. Currently we are 95%.

We should be aiming for minimum 25k capacity in the near future.
(14-09-2022, 05:19 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Well, yes and no. The attendance is the attendance. But it does get skewed by away fan allocation. Which is why the Eisners are reconfiguring the Milton end to allow for more capacity utilisation. Currently we are 95%.

We should be aiming for minimum 25k capacity in the near future.

Agreed. 25,000 has to be the absolute minimum capacity and even that won't be enough for some games.

Saturdays game has been soldout for a week nearly and the fratton end nearly 2 weeks.
Any Plymouth fans reading this will think that Bluearmy is some sort of wum.

We’d be in complete agreement with that supposition.
(14-09-2022, 05:03 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]I have to ask, have Plymouth ever been to a cup final?
I read BigAlf on Pasoti who is laughing at the poster who said it was Plymouth's cup final.
He said that makes 12 in the last year. Obviously I'd argue he knows as much about cup finals as Exeter do. Thats their cup final.
Can't wait for that game!!!!!
I've always had a soft spot for Plymouth until they play pompey at anything. Then I can't stand them.
Plymouth is a big city but suffers from being in the middle of nowhere.

Yak No they haven't. 1 FA Cup Semi and 2 League Cup Semis are as near as they''ve got. I too like others on here saw a few games at Home Park when I was a young matelot.  I saw a midweek Argyle v Exeter derby around 20 years ago i'd say, it was tame compared to ours with the Scummers  Wink
I'm sure Plymouth have some good fans but the ones I've met were not that nice.

Pompey are very similar, even in league one, with your Sheffield United, West Brom etc.  Infact, having lived in Sheffield, I'm convinced Sheffield United are the closest club in terms of size to Pompey. Good fanbase, similar history, just having a better time of it currently.
Pages: 1 2