TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Right back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We missed Raffertys presence, yesterday.

No sign of Swanson (the most curious signing, as far as I’m concerned).

Ogilvie put in his usual solid performance but a right foot, he has not.
Yes I would agree. On a similar note of ‘no sign of’ does anyone know what’s happened to the mysterious Denver Hume again?
I think Swanson and Hume for that matter are more wingbacks and as long as we play 442 I think their chances are limited.
I think that D.C. may need to change formation ocassionally depending on the opposition so we could play a 3-5-2 if his iPad stats allow!
Any news on when we think Rafferty will be back? Sounds from the news article that they're not really sure what the problem is.
(14-09-2022, 08:19 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]I though Ogilvie played really well but yeah it's strange to pay money for a player that made the bench at Arsenal numerous times last year and then play a journeyman centre back out of position  ahead of him

Agreed. But we keep winning so I guess whatever Danny's plan is, it's working.
(14-09-2022, 12:20 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Any news on when we think Rafferty will be back? Sounds from the news article that they're not really sure what the problem is.

DC quoted as saying he injured a stomach muscle v Peterborough. No mention of how long he will be out for though
(14-09-2022, 10:37 AM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]I think that D.C. may need to change formation ocassionally depending on the opposition so we could play a 3-5-2 if his iPad stats allow!

Which opposition would that be?

The one we’ve just lost to?
(14-09-2022, 12:41 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-09-2022, 10:37 AM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]I think that D.C. may need to change formation ocassionally depending on the opposition so we could play a 3-5-2 if his iPad stats allow!

That's for D.C. to decide not supporters but would then be able to play Swanson and Hume as Wing Backs.

Always worth have a flexible formation system.
https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb...on-3843289

A small nugget of interesting info right at the end of the article. Rafferty expected back for Plymouth.
(14-09-2022, 02:51 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-09-2022, 12:41 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

That's for D.C. to decide not supporters but would then be able to play Swanson and Hume as Wing Backs.

Always worth have a flexible formation system.

Yeah, I think we’ll leave it to him. After all, he see them play all the time! Big Grin