TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Ivan Toney
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Called up to the England squad. Interesting.
If my memory serves me correctly, we were interested in signing him once when he was available from Brentford and we passed up the chance. I recall one or two well-informed posters urging Pompey to sign him and being disappointed when they showed no interest.
(15-09-2022, 04:30 PM)Pangus Wrote: [ -> ]If my memory serves me correctly, we were interested in signing him once when he was available from Brentford and we passed up the chance. I recall one or two well-informed posters urging Pompey to sign him and being disappointed when they showed no interest.

Brentford paid £10m for him, he's not been available to the likes of us since he signed for them. 

It was when he was at Peterborough that we were rumoured to be interested, but they kept hold of him and cashed in a year later.
That's the Peterborough way sign and sell on for a profit. They signed the Barnet winger Ephron Mason-Clark who we were reportedly interested in.
First saw him playing against us away at Northampton.

Have to say that on the day Toney was pony!
Top player, ended our promotion hopes that Tuesday night