TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: I’m all excited
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another top of the table clash and we’ve, obviously, got a team equipped for the job.

I was going through the team in my head and there isn’t a position where I’m not confident we’ve got a man for the job. Then I ran through the likely subs and felt exactly the same.

I hope it’s a hard fought game against worthy opponents. I get the impression that Plymouth fans feel similarly.
Hope we win obviously.

Our keeper and centre backs are our weaknesses.

Will be a very tough game
(17-09-2022, 09:10 AM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Hope we win obviously.

Our keeper and centre backs are our weaknesses.

Will be a very tough game

I'd be fascinated to know which team in the division you think has better centre backs?
Someone posted on here recently Raggs is a colossus at this level (forgetting his boob against Barton's lot), they are so right. Some of Ba's posts have given Argyle fans something to laugh about. Bless him
Certainly don't see any weakness at centre back - whatsoever - however, still wish Alex BASS was between the sticks!
(17-09-2022, 10:22 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Certainly don't see any weakness at centre back - whatsoever - however, still wish Alex BASS was between the sticks!

Not sure Bass ever proved he was any better that Griffiths. both have their weaknesses and are about equal in most elements of goalkeeping, except using their feet where Griffiths is ahead.  Which is why DC chose him. 

But I still think Bass would have had a decent chance of dislodging Grifftihs if he had stayed, and would be a better no 2 than Olusayemi. I understood why he wanted to go to get more game time, but did not understand why he wanted to leave to sit on someone else's bench up north. 

And I think Raggett is possibly the best centre back in the division, certainly one of the best ... I wonder if Blue Army would like a bet on whether or not he makes the PFA Lge 1 team at the end of the season ?
West Brom's 1st choice goalkeeper (David Button) is under fire from some of their fans. The Baggies have Alex Palmer as no 2, I've just read an article that Griffiths is on a 24 hour recall if either of those two were to be injured.
It's Danny's man management and understanding of players strengths and weaknesses that gets the best out of them.

Raggett is great in the air and in combat. But not so good when he needs to outsmart a player or pick a pass. So therefore you make sure you play a style that fits those pros and cons. Every so often the opposition (if they've done their homework) will engineer a scenario that exploits his weaknesses but it doesn't happen too often.

Kenny didn't seem to ever understand this concept and thought he could replace Clarke or Burgess with Raggett and expected it to be like for like.
Ash from Bridgemary, nailed on.