TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Our defence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(17-09-2022, 06:54 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]We are second in the league, and not many of us would have had us there at the beginning of the season.

On a plus note, them coonts didn't take 3 points off us... Enjoy the night off have a another beer. And enjoy the ride this season it's going to be a good one...Wink PUP

Funnily enough BlueArmy said we were nailed on for relegation before the season started.
(17-09-2022, 07:23 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]According to Deepblues posts on this forum we are the best club team or International team since Brazil 1970.

According to you, you fly in from Cape Town for home games so that’s 2 of you that post bullshit.
(17-09-2022, 07:23 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]According to Deepblues posts on this forum we are the best club team or International team since Brazil 1970.

Just go, yh? Get in the sea, swim right, up Southampton Water, and carry on pretending.
(17-09-2022, 06:06 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-09-2022, 05:04 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]The more worrying issue for me is that Swanson hasn’t been deemed adequate cover for Rafferty, keeping round pegs in round holes. Saying that, the full backs weren’t at fault today. Whilst the central pairing were (as usual) totally dominant in the air, Raggett made a totally unnecessary intervention for no. 1 and Morrison was hopelessly out of position for no. 2.  I think, once everyone’s fit, the big decision will be Robertson or Morrison alongside Raggett.

For me that's the easiset decision DC will have to make all season. It's Raggett & Robertson all day long - apart from anything else Raggett is more comfortable with the ball at his feet when playing on the right. Robertson is class, Morrison used to be but was bought as cover and good cover but at his age he can't play every week. 

Not sure how you can describe Raggett's intervention as unnecessary, it was a dangerous low cross into the box and needed putting out for a corner, which is presumably what he was trying to do.

If you get the chance to watch it back you'll see the 2 attackers were never gonna reach the cross and there were 2 covering defenders in the centre to see the ball away, or the keeper could possibly have taken it.  Admittedly Raggett never got a shout but the risk of him putting his swede on the ball and diverting it expertly past Griffiths was evidently too high.
(17-09-2022, 07:40 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-09-2022, 07:32 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

We are the best club ... I thought that's why we are all proud to support Pompey. 

Except you.

Of course we are the best club.

But do you really think we will finish top 2 ?

Who knows. I'm not psychic like you.  But we've got a real chance this year   - as good a chance as 4or5 other teams. I'm just looking forward to enjoying the ride whatever the outcome.
(17-09-2022, 05:11 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with what has been said.

The ball I agree did not cross the line.

I think this team will finish 4th. 

I just hope we can get out of this division this season.

Stood behind the goal and certain the ball crossed the line but maybe you had a better view from where you were standing.  Great first half with a really good atmosphere and a poor ref.  Physical Plymouth team got on top of a lightweight Pompey midfield after they lost their confidence following the first goal but strong fightback for the point.  Disappointing result but still unbeaten and still have n't seen a better defence than Pompey's this season.
(17-09-2022, 10:08 PM)The Realist Wrote: [ -> ]

Stood behind the goal and certain the ball crossed the line but maybe you had a better view from where you were standing.  Great first half with a really good atmosphere and a poor ref.  Physical Plymouth team got on top of a lightweight Pompey midfield after they lost their confidence following the first goal but strong fightback for the point.  Disappointing result but still unbeaten and still have n't seen a better defence than Pompey's this season.

I sit level with the goal line and only a third of the ball was over the line. Mind you, everybody round me was swearing blind it had gone in.
(18-09-2022, 06:04 AM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-09-2022, 10:08 PM)The Realist Wrote: [ -> ]

I sit level with the goal line and only a third of the ball was over the line. Mind you, everybody round me was swearing blind it had gone in.

Wasn't it handball? It looked like that and a penalty.   Watching the EFL highlights show it sort of confirmed that.
It was handball and therefore it should have been a pen plus a red card. No doubt DC will get an apology from the EFL Referees supremo in due course which wont do a fat lot of good sadly
Seen various highlights now from diff angles. Couldn't say the whole ball crossed the line but clearly a hand stopped it.
Plymouth got away with a handball and red card, THAT is clear. Not in doubt at all.
That game would've been all over after that.
So Plymouth can count their lucky stars. That alone earned them a point.
These things even themselves out over a season and it's almost certain we will be in their position too at some point concerning a missed pen and red.
Good luck to them, the midfield changes went in their favour as everything else did in major decisions.
I read on pasoti that they thought we kicked them off the park. We pressed them off the park as Schumacher alluded too.
Pompey continue to impress but missing a game next week and then away at the leaders the following week is going to be tough.
We need the injury news to be good and hopefully get a couple back. I'd like to see Robertson in the centre with Rags and Ogilvie back to the LB slot and hopefully get Rafferty back for the RB slot as well
After our luck in the game on Saturday, we deserve that
Pages: 1 2