TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Awful Ref!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Missed 3 blatant penalties, ignored the ridiculous time-wasting by their keeper and failed to add sufficient additional time after dishing out 5 cards during injury time!
(17-09-2022, 10:36 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: [ -> ]Missed 3 blatant penalties, ignored the ridiculous time-wasting by their keeper and failed to add sufficient additional time after dishing out 5 cards during injury time!

He missed the shirt pull on Scarlett, but I can't think of two more ? 

And it wasn't that he ignored the time wasting, it was that he saw it and didn't do more than wag a finger, though to be fair we dont know how much time he added for it. 

And he only added 40 secs or so over the 5 minutes added time -  I think he was desperate to get off the pitch because he knew he had lost control of the game. But I don't think yellow cards are a thing refs have to add any time for.
As I've posted before the standard isn't very good. Not helped by a very poor NS Lino, yesterdays Referee, James Bell, was actually promoted to Select Group 2 (Championship) in the summer. Unbelieveable Jeff. Prior to yesterday he had officiated 3 Championship games. No doubt in due course DC will get an apology from the EFL over the penalty incident, a fat lot of good that does.
(18-09-2022, 08:36 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-09-2022, 10:36 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: [ -> ]Missed 3 blatant penalties, ignored the ridiculous time-wasting by their keeper and failed to add sufficient additional time after dishing out 5 cards during injury time!

And it wasn't that he ignored the time wasting, it was that he saw it and didn't do more than wag a finger, though to be fair we dont know how much time he added for it. 

And he only added 40 secs or so over the 5 minutes added time -  I think he was desperate to get off the pitch because he knew he had lost control of the game. But I don't think yellow cards are a thing refs have to add any time for.

Deep I found this list of what time should be added on for.......

[*] Substitutions

[*] Assessment of injured players

[*] Removal of injured players

[*] Time wasting

[*] Disciplinary sanctions being issued

[*] Any medical stoppages allowed by the rules, such as those for a drinks break

[*] Any delays added for VAR checks (not applicable to us I realise)

Also a streaker and excessive goal celebrations are mentioned in the comments.  I'm sure you are right he just wanted to get off the field
Shirt pull on Scarlett was another
(18-09-2022, 09:22 AM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Shirt pull on Scarlett was another

He had a clear view of the handball. He didn't miss it, he ignored it. Delibrate handball in that situation still a red card? Instinctive or not, the defender intentionally moved his arm to block the ball. Don't know how he was positioned for the shirt pull but it was blatant, prolonged and right in front of the linesman who again, didn't miss it but chose to ignore it.
(18-09-2022, 09:13 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-09-2022, 08:36 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Handball on the goalline from Raggett for one.

Yep, having now seen the EFL highlights that was a definite handball and pen. Wasn't totally obvious live from the North Stand.
We wuz robbed!
When you look at the sending off from the Argyle end, it's a straight red to me. But look at what happens after the goal. For me, the keeper is gone too for that brutal assault but by then I guess the linesman and ref were just thinking about their cup of tea.

Watch from 12.13:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgPoQPqvYmE
Agreed, an assault. Should have been a straight red. Keeper should have at least been booked too.
I know we are biased but I cannot see how he failed to give a pen and red card for the goal-line handball and a pen for the shirt pull on Scarlett. We moan about players falling over too easy and then when they stay on their feet they get nothing. No surprise they start diving. Maybe a red card for the 'barge' on ??? after our 2nd goal.
(18-09-2022, 10:43 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]When you look at the sending off from the Argyle end, it's a straight red to me. But look at what happens after the goal. For me, the keeper is gone too for that brutal assault but by then I guess the linesman and ref were just thinking about their cup of tea.

Watch from 12.13:

How’s the keeper not been sent off for lumping the player retrieving the ball?
(18-09-2022, 12:13 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-09-2022, 10:43 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]When you look at the sending off from the Argyle end, it's a straight red to me. But look at what happens after the goal. For me, the keeper is gone too for that brutal assault but by then I guess the linesman and ref were just thinking about their cup of tea.

Watch from 12.13:

How’s the keeper not been sent off for lumping the player retrieving the ball?

Indeed, but no reason for the officials to have been looking in that direction at the time so I expect they missed it completely.
Surely merits a retrospective ban based on video evidence?

Ever since that Scottish git managed them, Plymouth have been one of the nastiest teams we've played. Not quite as brutal as Barton's Fleetwood or Bristol Rovers and not quite as cynical as Ainsworth's Wycombe or Robinson's Oxford. Just an ugly combination of elements of both. There was Matt the Pratt who somehow got away with decking Doyle in the play-off then last season the thug Camara escaped a red despite repeated assaults on several of our players!

Hope we get a more competent ref for when we visit their place.
(18-09-2022, 01:37 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: [ -> ]Surely merits a retrospective ban based on video evidence?

That's what I was thinking. But if the player (can anyone make out who it is?) and the club aren't complaining I guess it's not going to happen.
I suppose I could send the link to the FL......
Plymouth singing 1-0 and you fucked it up, after we'd equalised in the 94th minute after they fucked up their 2-1 lead... not the brightest bunch!
(18-09-2022, 02:36 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]Plymouth singing 1-0 and you fucked it up, after we'd equalised in the 94th minute after they fucked up their 2-1 lead... not the brightest bunch!

Until they scored I could hardly hear them in the Fritton end. Funny thing about fp is you think you're loud as feck in the Milton end when in reality you're nothing. Their fan video is highly amusing anyway.
Really don't think the Argyle support was up to much,very quiet to be honest.
They even threw a smoke bomb outside FP and hit one of there own fans, hysterical Smile
I respect PAFC as a club - possibly more than any other club south of the M4 and they often travel in decent numbers. However, they rarely make much noise! Exeter (shame about their disgusting kit) and Bristol Rovers usually generate a much better atmosphere when they visit FP.
(18-09-2022, 08:49 AM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]As I've posted before the standard isn't very good. Not helped by a very poor NS Lino, yesterdays Referee, James Bell, was actually promoted to Select Group 2 (Championship) in the summer. Unbelieveable Jeff. Prior to yesterday he had officiated 3 Championship games. No doubt in due course DC will get an apology from the EFL over the penalty incident, a fat lot of good that does.

I totally agree with the issue about linesmen. We saw many in the 4th tier who would make a single decision without the ref pointing first. 
Time to abolish vAr but give all refs in games that are televised (including iplayer) a pitch side screen for checking when buzzed by wither lino or the 4th official. As per the yellow "flags" in NFL
In my experience the referees' instructions to the assistants include: "if you're not sure then keep your flag down and I will decide".
We should have won - full stop. Great match though, had almost everything. Great for the neutral too. We tend to have a good season about every five so hopefully this will be a good one. Despite what BA says I reckon we’ve got some excellent players for this level and still have Hume, Reid, Vincent (have we?) to add to the mix. Thompson should be back second half of season too and of course we could bring in more in the next window. There’s really healthy competition for places now and Cowley seems to be keeping those on the fringe more or less happy with 20 minutes here and there. We’ve got some really good subs at the moment in Jacobs, Mingi, Morrison, Stanton, Reeco as none of those would be in our starting 11. You could even add Morrell to that list as Lowery seems to be above him at the moment. Curtis and/or Koroma seems a pretty good decision to have to make too. Exciting times, play-offs at worse says my crystal ball.  PUP
For me Mr James Oldham was shocking today. Having said that 2nd half we were no better (apart from the Pack shot which hit the bar)
It’s not hard to see why the standard of refs isn’t great, you’d have to be a bit simpleton to want to get in to it these days.

I heard someone on the radio the other day who said their 14 year old son was reffing a kids game and got hit by a parent.

Wasn’t there a ref put in hospital somewhere the other day?
Yes there was g and last I saw the player involved was under arrest, helping the law with their enquiries
Pages: 1 2