TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: NOT a bad day at the office
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow - reading some of the posts on here one would believe we played terribly and are sinking down the table.

ACTUALLY we are in a better place than prior to kick off. 

As for the game,  little things conspired against us - maybe Argyle turning us around first half, and maybe our subs did not have so much of an impact..... what - actually Reeko scored a brilliant goal from a very well worked set piece. 

It's a long season, and every  game will have its own issues. Rags - we don't know if he got a call but he would have put that behind 9 times out of 10. As for Ogilvie - yes probably wrong side of his man for the through ball, their second, but he certainly made up for it Big time, with the clearance off the line.

So on to Portman road, pretty much a happy place for PFC and their supporters. Let's make so much noise to put the fear of God into them.

As I said - NOT a bad day at the office ! PUP.
Before the game I said I'd settle for the 2 draws at the top plus hopefully a draw with Bolton-Peterbro so almost there! We were outstanding for 45 mins and completely in control until 70. Should have been out of sight and then had a silly 10 mins.
On another day, it could have been game over at halftime.
Luck usually equals its self out over a 46 game season.
(18-09-2022, 11:22 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Wow - reading some of the posts on here one would believe we played terribly and are sinking down the table.

As for the game,  little things conspired against us - maybe Argyle turning us around first half, and maybe our subs did not have so much of an impact..... what - actually Reeko scored a brilliant goal from a very well worked set piece. 

It's a long season, and every  game will have its own issues. Rags - we don't know if he got a call but he would have put that behind 9 times out of 10. As for Ogilvie - yes probably wrong side of his man for the through ball, their second, but he certainly made up for it Big time, with the clearance off the line.

So on to Portman road, pretty much a happy place for PFC and their supporters. Let's make so much noise to put the fear of God into them.

Last season we would have lost that game. We looked tired and need that two week rest.
It all changed on lowery having to come off in my opinion
(18-09-2022, 11:22 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Wow - reading some of the posts on here one would believe we played terribly and are sinking down the table.

No blame attached to Ogilvie for the second. It wasn't his man. Morrison should have picked him up but was out of position so Ogilvie came across from right back to cover for him.

And I may be being picky but it was not impossible for Griffiths to have saved it, not one that you could say was a keeper error as such, but just a slight question mark against it. He certainly looked annoyed with himself. 

So IMO Ogilvie is way down in the pecking order for blame for that goal, behind Morrison & whoever gave the midfield player that played the through ball so much space, and maybe behind Griffiths too.
Both Ogilvie and Curtis are operating on no sleep so the longer we have delays for, the better really. Another 2 weeks for the niggling injuries to subside.

Hopefully Lowry isn't out for ages.

Another 2 weeks closer to getting Thompson back.