TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Frattonise.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know if Steve Woodhead, the editor of the now defunct fanzine "Frattonise" is still around?

Used to bump into him regularly pre-match in the Artillery Arms but haven't seen hide nor hair of him for a good few years now.

Is he alright?
Loved the mag
and could occasionally read the Fratton dialect, but only out loud.
(19-09-2022, 03:55 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know if Steve Woodhead, the editor of the now defunct fanzine "Frattonise" is still around?

Used to bump into him regularly pre-match in the Artillery Arms but haven't seen hide nor hair of him for a good few years now.

Is he alright?

I was just thinking that the other day Bill, I haven’t seen him for ages. Dave Bowers was also involved with Frattonise and I know a few other people who were friends with Steve, I’ll ask around.

I’ve known Steve from way back when I was a kid in Eastney.
Loved Frattonise. Anyone remember the poster for Taxi Driver with Warren Aspinall (or was it Gavin Maguire?) mocked up instead of Robert De Niro after he said, after a bad game, he'd be better off running a cab?
(21-09-2022, 11:01 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Loved Frattonise. Anyone remember the poster for Taxi Driver with Warren Aspinall (or was it Gavin Maguire?) mocked up instead of Robert De Niro after he said, after a bad game, he'd be better off running a cab?

Was Gavin Maquire mate.
Thanks, exgaffer.

Did some more digging and another friend (who knows the family quite well) saw him in March. Steve said that he hadn't been to a game since COVID. We presume that is the status quo.

Be nice to see him again - very funny bloke!
I thought Dave was the admin on here for some reason!
(21-09-2022, 03:29 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I thought Dave was the admin on here for some reason!

I think Dave had something to do with the old Anoraks a long time ago but so far as I remember he moved down to the west country a few years back.  Not that that would stop him being involved on here of course.

Haven't seen Steve for years and pleased to hear he's ok.
(21-09-2022, 02:04 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, exgaffer.

Did some more digging and another friend (who knows the family quite well) saw him in March. Steve said that he hadn't been to a game since COVID. We presume that is the status quo.

Be nice to see him again - very funny bloke!

Thanks for the update Bill, yes it would be good to see him again.

Hopefully he will put in an appearance soon.
(22-09-2022, 08:02 AM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-09-2022, 03:29 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I thought Dave was the admin on here for some reason!

I think Dave had something to do with the old Anoraks a long time ago but so far as I remember he moved down to the west country a few years back.  Not that that would stop him being involved on here of course.

Haven't seen Steve for years and pleased to hear he's ok.

Yes he moved down near Yeovil a couple of years back, he was in Petersfield before that and Eastney before that.

A great character and a good friend.
Pompey Anoraks, I remember that mailing list well, then it was onto the Rivals network. PisstakePeg set up the Anorak list if I'm remembering correctly.