TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Hard As Fück X1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Following on from the ‘your favourite Pompey team’ thread. 
Who would be in your HAF team. Mine would be ( based on players I’ve seen).
Knight
Whitehead,Blake, Gilbert,(Nathan)Thompson
O’Callaghan, Kennedy, (Michael)Doyle, McGuire
Rafferty, Aspinall

Deebo

Stick Roy Lunniss in at left back
Add Yosser Tait, maybe Darren Moore
Kevin Dillon?
(21-09-2022, 02:02 PM)Deebo Wrote: [ -> ]Stick Roy Lunniss in at left back
Never seen Roy play, I’ve only been Pompey since late 70’s

Deebo

You would’ve enjoyed watching him kick the shit out of Paine on a regular basis.
Bobby Kellard was as hard as nails
Wot no Skopelitis? Lol
Bobby Kellard, good choice
Peter Mellor must surely be the keeper. For a start the list of players unavailable through injury each week were always 'after a collision in training with Peter Mellor' let alone what he did to opponents. Other names 5o be considered should include Paul Went, Michael Brown, Sean Davies, Ron Saunders, Eoin Hand, John Durnin, Andy Griffin, Joe Laidlow, Linvoy Primus, Micky Quinn, Malcolm Shotton.
You are forgetting Martin Kuhl an animal of a player & that French full back that got sent off without Kammy knowing, his name escapes me, Steve Aizelwood but the hardest in recent years Mick Kennedy
Pappa bouba Diop must be in there. Players just bounced off him.
Anthony Van Den Boerre, Belgian I think, was the invisible 'red card' man.
Griffin a hard man? I remember he was hopeless and off the pace at first. He did improve though
Steve Stone maybe deserves a mention.
Defenders used to bounce off Yakubu, he must be a contender.

And Gavin Maguire is a contender in central defence.

Chris Burns maybe worth a place on the bench.
How about (showing age again) Harry Harris? And Colin Blant?
(21-09-2022, 05:58 PM)SouthseaBubble Wrote: [ -> ]How about (showing age again) Harry Harris?  And Colin Blant?

Martin "Mad Dog " Allen must at least make the bench?
Ricky Rocha gets the nod for curing that Scummer raspberry of their affliction, followed by slapping Lalana in the afters
Some great hard men mentioned.

A harder than fuck Pompey xi to take on Tags team.

Goal: John Armstrong

Back four: Unsworth, Went, Blant, Lunnis

Midfield: Kellard, Kuhl, Tony Macken, Hand, Tait,

Forwards: Saunders
mike hunt Wrote:You are forgetting Martin Kuhl

Allegedly went to a Hampshire cup final at Lords and when taunted by a bunch of scummers he offered them out behind the stand but the stains declined.
(21-09-2022, 06:40 PM)Jezzer Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-09-2022, 05:58 PM)SouthseaBubble Wrote: [ -> ]How about (showing age again) Harry Harris?  And Colin Blant?

Martin "Mad Dog " Allen must at least make the bench?

I seem to remember him making a debut as a sub and getting sent off very soon after
We are forgetting the managers bench.
Alan Ball as manager, assistant Joe Jordan and Big Kev doing the kit.
Ron Saunders could come in but he's already on the pitch.
Some of those "Old Timers " looked the biz.

My Dad used to tell me Jimmy Scoular was a tough Scot not to be messed with.

Plus Duggie Reid looked the part even if he wasn't.

In my youth always enjoyed a Yosser Tait tackle.
(21-09-2022, 06:48 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Ricky Rocha gets the nod for curing that Scummer raspberry of their affliction, followed by slapping Lalana in the afters

For that game alone I'd make him captain!

Talking of games against that lot, I'd add Bobby Doyle for the FA Cup game in '84.  Some of the challenges he put in on Nick Holmes and Steve Williams that day would see life bans and probation handed out today.  One guy who really bought in to what that match means to the more urbane, blue end of the M27.
Pages: 1 2