TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: How come we're still 3rd.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The league table still shows Town 2nd, Pompey 3rd despite equal goals scored, against etc. I would have thought because Ipswich have played 10 as opposed to our 9, points per game would come into play or does that not count, and it's just alphabetical order.
Must be alphabetical. Wonder what the actual rule is? I think the points per game bollocks was only used when the season was abandoned. Don't think it comes into play under 'normal' circumstances.
I wouldnt worry about it now. If we are having the same conversation come May 2023, then I would definitely be worried about it.
(25-09-2022, 05:03 PM)Cleaver Greene Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldnt worry about it now. If we are having the same conversation come May 2023, then I would definitely be worried about it.

Not really worried, just confused as to what the rules are.
Yeh, like Suffolk said, its not a concern. More a curiosity.

The rules are complicated!

If you can be bothered to read it all, its under section 9:
https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl...he-league/

Is someone really keeping a tally of all the different 'penalty points incurred' every time there is a booking?! I would imagine this would be highly contentious, should it ever get to that.

But for the purposes of our league position, it looks like it is based on AWAY GOALS SCORED. Again, if anyone can be bothered to check, have we scored more away than Ipswich? I've got a hunch we may have?
Its away goals scored. Ipswich have scored more away.
All I know is that I look at the goal difference from early in the season, its usually a very good guide to the end of season placings. Which suggests we are working in the right direction, along with Ipswich and Sheff Weds.
I think when points and goals are equal it comes down to the FL Aesthetics Panel.
This is a Stricly Come Dancing-style panel who award points based on things like hairstyles and beards.
I'm afraid Connor Ogilvie has let us down here.
However if it boils down to a round of midget bowling then we’re top with Lowery and Morrell .
Don't worry to much - twill all be sorted by 5pm on Saturday . PUP
Unless we draw 3-3 and then it gets more complicated!
(26-09-2022, 07:13 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]I think when points and goals are equal it comes down to the FL Aesthetics Panel.
This is a Stricly Come Dancing-style panel who award points based on things like hairstyles and beards.
I'm afraid Connor Ogilvie has let us down here.

and Raggie