TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Score predictions and team for Saturday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Probably the toughest game of the season against a top league 1 side. Can we keep our unbeaten run going against a very good team who have spent heavily?  They will be competing with us at the top end this season.

After this game, we have a favourable October, so a real opportunity to at least maintain our position. A draw would be a great result Saturday. A win? Very unlikely in my opinion against an excellent team.

There seems to be a lot of concern from Town fans that they can't beat top 6 sides, that's its a mentality thing. Infact it's all they seem to talk about at the moment. The evidence suggests that against the top 6 teams, they tend to crumble a little when the pressure is on. However, Town seem to beat all the lesser teams so is it a big issue? Probably not.

Their fans are also concerned that for all their excellent play, and goals in the team, that they are missing that 20 goal number 9 striker. They feel that their dominance isn't always rewarded and they miss too many opportunities.

They have been on the end of some rotten decisions this season, as Pompey have too, so if anything both teams should have more points on the board which seems bizarre to say.

We look like we will finish top 6 this season, and a loss Saturday won't change that. I just feel that against the best sides in this league, we will get exposed. For me we don't look like a top 2 side. We should try and go for automatics though as our playoff record is abysmal and we need promotion from this league ASAP.

Rafferty will be out with his injury, you'd imagine, which is a shame as he's excellent.

Same team as the last home game? Would you start Morrell? Classy player.

Griffiths; Ogilvie, Morrison, Raggett, Robertson, Dale, Pack, Lowery, Koroma, Bishop, Scarlett,

Who would you put on the bench? 

[color=#333333][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]If Ronan starts or comes in, hopefully he can deliver as for me he's not been very good this season in the league. He is capable of a lot more. He needs a big performance.

Our defence and keeper, a concern as always. You know this backline will always conceed goals, its the weak point of our team. You know that with this defence and keeper, mistakes are just waiting to happen. That's not being negative, it's the truth. 

This team have surprised me this season and Danny and Nicky have done brilliantly so far,.

Will this team surprise again Saturday against the league one big spenders? I don't think so, because ultimately in sport, there are levels, and this current Ipswich team look a level above us and they will probably finish top 2 whilst we will finish 5th or 6th.

Prediction?

Ipswich 3 - 1 Pompey.
Not sure your assessment of the second best defence in the league who play behind the second top scorers and are currently unbeaten is very objective. Have you really played in the lower leagues of the Meon Valley league?
I reckon scum will dicked as normal
62,000 Pompey fans and we win 35-0
(29-09-2022, 06:10 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]62,000 Pompey fans and we win 35-0

Don't forget our leaky defence, I'd go 35-3
as ever, just hoping that a referee does not ruin it with a weak early red card for either side.
“We should try and go for automatics though”

You think there is any football club that isn’t trying to win their league?

There’s plenty of shit in your post as always but as an ex professional footballer this really stood out amongst the rest.

No wonder you never made it.
(29-09-2022, 08:00 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]as ever, just hoping that a referee does not ruin it with a weak early red card for either side.

Very corinthian of you Hammie but a weak,  early red card  for a tractor boy wouldn't really ruin it for us, surely?
Connor to score own goal in 0-1 win
Taken out of context, blue army's post is actually rather interesting and well thought out. Until it contradicts itself in the last paragraph.

We do have a dodgy keeper and we are all a bit surprised that we are playing so well and getting results. But we are enjoying it and I think we can grab a point.

This is a must not lose game. I imagine it will be full of excitement given how attacking bith teams are.

Deebo

(29-09-2022, 08:00 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]There’s plenty of shit in your post as always but as an ex professional footballer this really stood out amongst the rest.

No wonder you never made it.

He’s Golden Gordon and a legend at Barnstoneworth FC.
Take a draw if given to me now. But Ipswich try and play out from the back and we are pretty good at the high press
I hope Lowery is fit and starts. He’s been great alongside Pack, if not I’m sure Morrell will do a great job anyway
(30-09-2022, 03:08 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]I hope Lowery is fit and starts. He’s been great alongside Pack, if not I’m sure Morrell will do a great job anyway

These are the games ware Thompson is going to be massively missed.
(29-09-2022, 02:49 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Probably the toughest game of the season against a top league 1 side. Can we keep our unbeaten run going against a very good team who have spent heavily?  They will be competing with us at the top end this season.

After this game, we have a favourable October, so a real opportunity to at least maintain our position. A draw would be a great result Saturday. A win? Very unlikely in my opinion against an excellent team.

There seems to be a lot of concern from Town fans that they can't beat top 6 sides, that's its a mentality thing. Infact it's all they seem to talk about at the moment. The evidence suggests that against the top 6 teams, they tend to crumble a little when the pressure is on. However, Town seem to beat all the lesser teams so is it a big issue? Probably not.

Their fans are also concerned that for all their excellent play, and goals in the team, that they are missing that 20 goal number 9 striker. They feel that their dominance isn't always rewarded and they miss too many opportunities.

They have been on the end of some rotten decisions this season, as Pompey have too, so if anything both teams should have more points on the board which seems bizarre to say.

We look like we will finish top 6 this season, and a loss Saturday won't change that. I just feel that against the best sides in this league, we will get exposed. For me we don't look like a top 2 side. We should try and go for automatics though as our playoff record is abysmal and we need promotion from this league ASAP.

Rafferty will be out with his injury, you'd imagine, which is a shame as he's excellent.

Same team as the last home game? Would you start Morrell? Classy player.

Griffiths; Ogilvie, Morrison, Raggett, Robertson, Dale, Pack, Lowery, Koroma, Bishop, Scarlett,

Who would you put on the bench? 

If Ronan starts or comes in, hopefully he can deliver as for me he's not been very good this season in the league. He is capable of a lot more. He needs a big performance.

Our defence and keeper, a concern as always. You know this backline will always conceed goals, its the weak point of our team. You know that with this defence and keeper, mistakes are just waiting to happen. That's not being negative, it's the truth. 

This team have surprised me this season and Danny and Nicky have done brilliantly so far,.

Will this team surprise again Saturday against the league one big spenders? I don't think so, because ultimately in sport, there are levels, and this current Ipswich team look a level above us and they will probably finish top 2 whilst we will finish 5th or 6th.

Prediction?

Ipswich 3 - 1 Pompey.

Why is this attention seeking twet allowed on this site? I feel dirty after reading just part of that drivel.
Well don't read it then! Duh
(30-09-2022, 05:05 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Well don't read it then! Duh

Try not to but you can only block the drivel when you're online so if you just want a quick read of posts you get caught out. You start reading it, recognise the pattern then realise 'feck it's more of the same bollocks from Mr troll himself'.

Yes I know the guy is literally cumming in his pants reading this post and I will try better next time.
These are the games that show the progress Pompey have made, it will be a tough game, but as a Pompey fan I have to go for us to win PUP
1.1 P.U.P.
(01-10-2022, 08:44 AM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]1.1  P.U.P.

My heart says 2-1 Pompey but my head says 2-1 Ipswich.

Hopefully my heart is correct on this occasion.

PUP
Who would you prefer in your team:
Harness, Chaplin, ladapo
Koroma, scarlet, Bishop

Nothing in it but we'll find out at 5pm
Think it'll be a close game in main.  Don't think there's much between the two teams, looking at the positive and negatives for advantages.  Ipswich lost last week, which must have knocked their confidence a bit.  We missed playing last week, that doesn't help imho. 
So, I think a draw is more than likely.  Someone mentioned, if we press them early, put them under pressure, we could win it.
We've got a pretty good record at Ipswich, often winning , usually 1-0. 

Mind you, they've got an even better record at FP.
Blue Army is actually right about our defence being the weak link but doesn't need to write an essay!

Rafferty is definitely a big miss & has been one of our most consistent players.

We really need to plug the gap wide on the left I noticed we conceded two sloppy goals Rovers & Plymouth from fast wide wide breaks & crosses from the byline. That needs cutting out today. Morrisson is experienced but far too slow Rafferty & Robertson look pretty solid but every defender has a rick in them.

I'm forecasting a 2-2 scoreline with Chaplin & Harness for them with Scarlett & Bishop for us.

Jacobs to come on in the 2nd half & supply the set pieces & through balls for th eforwards to run on to.
With one of the best defensive records in the league I’ll happily take that as our weak link.
Pages: 1 2