TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Best teams played this season...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For me Ipswich pummelled us then I think Plymouth  for me, Pompey are no where near top two..
Fancy Bolton,Wednesday  and Peterborough...tough league this season..?
4th with a game in hand is pretty close to top 2.
Plastic sheets are starting to reappear
(01-10-2022, 05:31 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Plastic sheets are starting to reappear

It’s embarrassing.
Ipswich are the only team I would say are definitely better than us.  The chasing 4 or 5, including us, are of similar quality with equal chances of the second automatic spot.  

And losing to Ipswich with a makeshift back four, Lowery injured & Pigott unavailable is no disgrace, and not season defining. 

When we can get back to a the back four of Rafferty, Raggett, Roberton & Ogilvie that defence is as good as anyone else's in the division.   Playing Ogilvie and Roberston out of position was always going to be a risk with Ipswich's strengths out wide, and you could argue that Raggett was out of position too, because he is more comfortable on the right.  

With hindsight this might have been the game to play Swanson for his pace and allow the three out of position players to play in position, but I can see why he preferred the experience of Morrison in such a big game rather than throwing Swanson in for his first proper game against a team like that.
Pleeeeeeese ! 

Sometimes I wonder how long some people have been watching this wonderful game of ours. 

Fact is we narrowly lost a game to a good team who were obviously assisted by our re-arranged defence, and an unfortunate deflection by Ogilvie,  that carried to an attacker instead of going out for a corner 

Last tine I looked we STILL have a game in hand to recapture, second spot, and a decent run of fixtures coming up. 

Now, if you really think we were going to blast through the whole season unbeaten then you were living in La La Land !

And, if you really want to join the ranks of "Moaning Minnies" try Anfield -  that should cheer you Up!

And, as for the the false Blue Army person/ individual ....... be they man or woman ....... we get your FAILURE to say TRUE Blue Army ! 

And, of your personal concern, you should be getting very worried about Ralph Huffelpuffs boys - however you have a nice easy game next time around !
A new bed wetting poster or the scummer cünt troll with an new alias. ?
Game in hand at Bolton is a big match now.
Letting three in to both Weds and Ipswich might be a concern?
Having already played Bolton, Weds and Ipswich away might also be big come the return fixtures.
(02-10-2022, 11:00 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Game in hand at Bolton is a big match now.
Letting three in to both Weds and Ipswich might be a concern?
Having already played Bolton, Weds and Ipswich away might also be big come the return fixtures.

Hammie, the Bolton game is no bigger or smaller than it would have been if we had beaten Ipswich.

It is very early in the season and we are well placed, that is the main thing.

There will be many twists and turns to the season and the important thing is that we are there or thereabouts for the run in. That’s when the big games occur, not in October.
Can only agree although I still think the Bolton game will tell us more about the team.

Perhaps we are back to the importance of the January window?
Bolton and Wednesday are playing league games Tuesday night, whilst we are in the EFL cup against Villa U21’s. If they win, we could end up slipping further down the table. How big a psychological blow will this be to Pompey when we play Fleetwood Saturday? 

As much as I detest BA’s drivel, the defence or depth to it is our weakest link. Rafferty’s absence being a case in point. A top 6 finish is the best we can hope for. If we had Carter and Baz this season then autos would have been nailed on.
We just need to get Raggett & Robertson back as the central pairing, with Ogilvie at left back. Those three are the key and if Rafferty is out then Swanson or Freeman must play there.

Morrison has done OK but his age is showing and he is just not as good as the other two.
I think we know about the team now. It can get promoted automatically, but it is thin around the edges. Agree with Deep, bring Freeman in from the cold and play him at RB. We can't carry on with Robertson at LB, he needs to come central and challenge Morrison, who looks leggy and probe to straying. If we don't, we are looking to Dale and to long ball
It should be Raggett and Robertson in the middle. Morrison was bought for experienced cover but played straight away due to Robbos injury . DC not sure who to drop hence playing people out of position.
We’ve got away with it for 10 games or so but we need to get a settled back 4 sorted.
(02-10-2022, 03:59 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Bolton and Wednesday are playing league games Tuesday night, whilst we are in the EFL cup against Villa U21’s. If they win, we could end up slipping further down the table. How big a psychological blow will this be to Pompey when we play Fleetwood Saturday? 

As much as I detest BA’s drivel, the defence or depth to it is our weakest link. Rafferty’s absence being a case in point. A top 6 finish is the best we can hope for. If we had Carter and Baz this season then autos would have been nailed on.

A top 6 finish includes top so yes that is the best we can hope for, it’s the best any team can hope for.

Before yesterday we had the best defence in the league, that’s awesome for our weak link, just proves how good we are.