TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Bedwetters FC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Oh woe is me, we lost, we're barely going to make the playoffs, defence is crap, etc.

Get a grip!

In the past 3 complete seasons the points per game average of top spot at the end of the season was 2, 1.9 and 2. Ours is currently 2.1
For home games it was 1.9, 2 and 2.4. Ours is currently 2.2
For away games it was 2.1, 1.9 and 1.7. Ours is currently 2.0

What a load of Corporal Joneses there are on here.
The fact is that we're just not up to competing at the high, sustained level required for automatic promotion.
(03-10-2022, 10:36 AM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]Oh woe is me, we lost, we're barely going to make the playoffs, defence is crap, etc.

Get a grip!

In the past 3 complete seasons the points per game average of top spot at the end of the season was 2, 1.9 and 2. Ours is currently 2.1

Assuming you weren't there then.

Those around me and then when we were leaving the ground agreed that Ipswich were the better side and we didn't deserve anything out of the game.  I didn't hear anyone complaining that we weren't going to make the play offs or anything similar, especially when we'd been missing a key defender and two midfielders, plus we had players playing out of position to fill the gaps.  But if you're going to take supporter opinion from a message board then good luck to you.

But there's a trend to your posts isn't there?  Always negative, always aimed at what you see as people who don't think like you.  Seriously, what an odious and deeply unhappy individual you must be.  It's a game and people have a different opinion to you - get over yourself.
Cressers Wrote
The fact is that we're just not up to competing at the high, sustained level required for automatic promotion.

That's not fact that's an opinion. What is fact is that we lost our first game away from home to one of the top teams by the odd goal.
In my opinion things are generally going ok atm
(03-10-2022, 12:19 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2022, 10:36 AM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]Oh woe is me, we lost, we're barely going to make the playoffs, defence is crap, etc.

Get a grip!

Those around me and then when we were leaving the ground agreed that Ipswich were the better side and we didn't deserve anything out of the game.  I didn't hear anyone complaining that we weren't going to make the play offs or anything similar, especially when we'd been missing a key defender and two midfielders, plus we had players playing out of position to fill the gaps.  But if you're going to take supporter opinion from a message board then good luck to you.

But there's a trend to your posts isn't there?  Always negative, always aimed at what you see as people who don't think like you.  Seriously, what an odious and deeply unhappy individual you must be.  It's a game and people have a different opinion to you - get over yourself.

Where does he mention how we played? Very strange reply to his post and probably says more about you than him.

He’s clearly talking about people on here not who you went to the game with.
(03-10-2022, 12:23 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Cressers

That's not fact that's an opinion. What is fact is that we lost our first game away from home to one of the top teams by the odd goal.
In my opinion things are generally going ok atm

Better than OK!
Unfortunately this team won't get promotion with this defence. Its exposed against the better teams, every single time. Not occasionally, but every single time we face a very good team.

We will finish in the playoffs but will be defeated in the playoff semi finals.
(03-10-2022, 12:11 PM)Cressers Wrote: [ -> ]The fact is that we're just not up to competing at the high, sustained level required for automatic promotion.

Bingo! Spot on.
(03-10-2022, 12:29 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately this team won't get promotion with this defence. Its exposed against the better teams, every single time. Not occasionally, but every single time we face a very good team.

We've rogered Cardiff 3-0 at their place, beaten Posh, and drawn with Plymouth and Wednesday
(03-10-2022, 12:34 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2022, 12:29 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately this team won't get promotion with this defence. Its exposed against the better teams, every single time. Not occasionally, but every single time we face a very good team.

We've rogered Cardiff 3-0 at their place, beaten Posh, and drawn with Plymouth and Wednesday

Cardiff who made 11 changes from their league game. Posh aren't even top 6.

Against plymouth, Wednesday and Ipswich, the top 3, we have 2 points from 9, 8 goals conceeded, and were sliced open in every game and lucky to even get the two draws.

You can't deny that against the good sides this defence is not up to standard. Raggett and Robertson are bottom half league one defenders.
(03-10-2022, 12:38 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]

Against plymouth, Wednesday and Ipswich, the top 3, we have 2 points from 9, 8 goals conceeded, and were sliced open in every game and lucky to even get the two draws.

You can't deny that against the good sides this defence is not up to standard. Raggett and Robertson are bottom half league one defenders.
Fuck off scummer
(03-10-2022, 12:38 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]

Where in Atlanta is your new property?
People don't like facts and aren't intelligent enough to accept them.

With this defence we have zero chance of promotion. You can analyse it forever but it comes down to one thing  Robertson and raggett aren't good enough.

“Exposed against better teams”, so how many teams in this division would that be? It’s not a division filled with Man Cities ffs. There might be the odd team that will dominate over a whole season there are not an abundance of teams better overall than us. We have as good a chance as most.
(03-10-2022, 12:47 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]

“Exposed against better teams”, so how many teams in this division would that be? It’s not a division filled with Man Cities ffs. There might be the odd team that will dominate over a whole season there are not an abundance of teams better overall than us. We have as good a chance as most.

In my opinion the following teams are better than us:

Sheff wed 
Ipswich
Plymouth
Barnsley
Bolton

I have us finishing 6th.
(03-10-2022, 12:50 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2022, 12:47 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]

In my opinion the following teams are better than us:

Sheff wed 
Ipswich
Plymouth
Barnsley
Bolton

I have us finishing 6th.
None of them could be considered better than us because none of them are called Portsmouth FC Big Grin 

Portsmouth Football Club, often lose but never beaten.
(03-10-2022, 12:41 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]People don't like facts and aren't intelligent enough to accept them.

With this defence we have zero chance of promotion. You can analyse it forever but it comes down to one thing  Robertson and raggett aren't good enough.

You can’t be in the playoffs with zero chance of promotion you imbecile.

Get a grip!

Rick, what are you going on about?

It's very obvious to me, and seemingly everyone else, that this is squarely aimed at the people on this board who only ever seem to want to do the club down. They've been doing it for years. Absolutely nothing to do with the people at the game (which you quite rightly guess, I wasn't at).

I put my money where my mouth was when the club needed me, my name is up on that PST board on the North Stand twice and my son's once. So please save me from your false charges of negativity.

Get a grip!

I know you meant well rich, but you do realise it was only a matter of time until that f.uckface "ba" would turn up and clutter our lives with more utter bile. (Cue ferocious masturbating at getting another mention)

Cant wait for the skummer's inciteful yet futile assessment of our Hampshire senior Cup chances....

Get a grip!

Agreed.

But on a point of order it was Corporal Fraser who said 'we're doomed'.  Corporal Jones was 'they don't like it up 'em', which  may also be true but is not relevant here.
Point of order, he was referring to ‘don’t panic’.
We've been outside the championship for what, over a decade now. Which is a disgrace. Its embarrassing.

I dont think we will get back to the Championship for another decade.

There is still not enough investment in this team compared to other teams.

The owners are happy to stay in league one.

We are stuck in this league for the distant future and that pains me to admit that.
(03-10-2022, 03:15 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]We've been outside the championship for what, over a decade now. Which is a disgrace. Its embarrassing.

We are stuck in this league for the distant future and that pains me to admit that.

.....Stupid boy, to continue the Dad's Army theme.
(03-10-2022, 03:15 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]We've been outside the championship for what, over a decade now. Which is a disgrace. Its embarrassing.

Such bold predictions as usual, 2 days from now you’ll be predicting us winning the Champions League in the next 5 years.
(03-10-2022, 03:08 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Point of order, he was referring to ‘don’t panic’.

Good point. 

People shouldn't be allowed two catchphrases.
Pages: 1 2