TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Griffiths
Robertson, Morrison, Raggett, Ogilvie
Dale, Morrell, Pack, Koroma
Bishop, Scarlett

Subs:
Oluwayemi, Swanson, Mingi, Hackett, Curtis, Jacobs, Pigott
(08-10-2022, 01:01 PM)Who_Am_I? Wrote: [ -> ]Griffiths
Bishop, Scarlett

Subs:

Once again Swanson is overlooked for the right back slot. Robertson is not a full back. Square pegs in round holes springs to mind. 

I can see Swanson returning to Arsenal in January, just like we saw with Azeez last season.
(08-10-2022, 01:11 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2022, 01:01 PM)Who_Am_I? Wrote: [ -> ]Griffiths
Bishop, Scarlett

Subs:

Once again Swanson is overlooked for the right back slot. Robertson is not a full back. Square pegs in round holes springs to mind. 

I can see Swanson returning to Arsenal in January, just like we saw with Azeez last season.

We can’t send him back he’s our player
Same team that started at Ipswich?

Packed full of goals that team but a bit wobbly at the back. Home advantage should get us over the line.
He won't play Swanson unless he has to or plays 3-5-2.

M.O.M. Tuesday Tunnicliffe Not even on the bench!

Koroma deserves to start & want to see Jacobs playing some part in the game.
Griffiths is feckin dodgy and the ref is a complete cünt
We need Jacobs on to take the set pieces as it sounds like we've wasted them in the 1st half. Listening on iFollow.
Hmm, questionable team selection considering we have 2 RB available. Griffiths...no thanks. Stop playing players out of position. Where was Jacobs??
I think the goalkeeper is getting flak that is due to Morrison. That's the fourth game in a row where he's gone AWOL
(08-10-2022, 03:07 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]We need Jacobs on to take the set pieces as it sounds like we've wasted them in the 1st half. Listening on iFollow.

Respectfully suggest watching football with your own eyes before giving an opinion, otherwise you are giving someone else's.
I think we've lost a bit of momentum. While Ipswich and Plymouth have been playing every week or two matches a week we've had disruption to that winning rhythm. Having said that, two shots on target just isn't good enough with the firepower we have at our disposal.
Watched most of the game on ifollow, missed the beginning. We were very wasteful in the 1st half, I think we're also missing Rafferty and Ogilvie playing in his correct position.
We definitely aren't going up.
(08-10-2022, 04:10 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2022, 03:07 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]We need Jacobs on to take the set pieces as it sounds like we've wasted them in the 1st half. Listening on iFollow.

Respectfully suggest watching football with your own eyes before giving an opinion, otherwise you are giving someone else's.

Just being honest, Not giving Andy & Guy's opinion but using 3 different players to take set pieces & Not scoring from any of them says something.
Yes agreed, didn't understand why Robertson was taking the set pieces at the end
(08-10-2022, 04:34 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]We definitely aren't going up.

You cant go up can you scummer
We were poor, insipid, clueless, no leadership and totally bereft of any ideas. Griffiths is nothing other than a very average L1 keeper who has no foot skills whatsoever. Raggett was back to his L2 best . We miss Lowrey and Koroma isn’t fit enough other than a 20 min stint. Bishop is lost without a proper partner ( it should be Pigott IMO). Today was a bad day at the office and we can’t afford many more.
The ref was useless but we weren’t much better
Wonder if we can get Bass on loan.
Fucking hell Tag I don't know what game I was watching today, it certainly wasn't that bad
(08-10-2022, 07:08 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Fucking hell Tag I don't know what game I was watching today, it certainly wasn't that bad

He's hit the nail on the head re our 2nd half performance I'd say
(08-10-2022, 07:08 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Fucking hell Tag I don't know what game I was watching today, it certainly wasn't that bad

Not the worst game ever lol, but it was poor. Koroma’s goal was great but the rest was pretty poor, possibly our worst home performance this season. Not the end of the world by any means but we need to sort it out quick
Decent first half with missed chances. Dale’s headed miss seemed really poor. 2nd half devoid of creativity. I think we are missing Lowery as for me he’s much better than Morrell. Bishop had another shocker I thought. Too much sitting on the ground complaining. Ref didn’t help. Ogilvie is no right back and Swanson has reason for complaint here. Subs made too late. All disappointing and yes, we are falling adrift of top 2 already. 2 games in hand but prefer points on the board. IMO we are a play off side. All said and done, if we had taken our chances 1st half we would have won comfortably. No room for mistakes in next away games.
We just couldn’t get it right with our final touch yesterday, it was very frustrating to watch.
Very few real positives and, again, certain players off par.

I thought Koroma was good first half but I would have had Curtis in Rooney face for the whole of the second half.
Dale just didn’t turn up. His missed header was clearly done with his eyes closed (not sure I’d have been any different with someone’s boot that close)
Raggett has suddenly started to look less assured (apart from, strangely, with the ball at his feet)
Griffiths is not inspiring confidence in his defense.
Morrell isn’t back to his best yet and we’re missing tiny Tom.
Even Ogilvie looked way short of his assured best and I wasn’t surprised to see him come off.
We didn’t impose ourselves yesterday. We need players back.