TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team for Charlton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’m sure it won’t happen but I’d like
Freeman, Raggs Robbo Ogilvie 
Dale Pack Lowrey Curtis
Pigott Bishop

Subs: Owhatsisname, Morrison , Morrell, Koroma, Jacobs, Scarlett,( Recco or Mingi)
I'd take Griffiths, Raggett and Robertson out of that team.
and replace the three of them with ???

Can't say I disagree with the keeper mind
(09-10-2022, 03:31 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]and replace the three of them with ???

Can't say I disagree with the keeper mind

I'm warming towards Griffiths. Wasn't at all sure in the early games but i think he is getting better. Certainly did nothing wrong yesterday, and made one very good save with his feet despite not having much to do most of the game.  Can't quite understand why people have a downer on him. 

And Raggett & Robertson are IMO one of the best central defence pairings in this division, and it's about time they were re-united in that role this season.
'And Raggett & Robertson are IMO one of the best central defence pairings in this division, and it's about time they were re-united in that role this season.'

You really are making yourself look stupid with such absolute nonsense. I think you actually believe it too lol.
I don't particularly dislike Griffiths or particularly rate him. But unless we are going to sign him after the loan then is he so much better than another young keeper who we could develop for our long term future?
On the other hand Koromo and Scarlett are probably better than we can afford to own.
(09-10-2022, 05:21 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]'And Raggett & Robertson are IMO one of the best central defence pairings in this division, and it's about time they were re-united in that role this season.'

You really are making yourself look stupid with such absolute nonsense. I think you actually believe it too lol.

Yes, I do. So do many others because they proved it last season by having one of the best defensive records in the league ... better for instance than Sunderland who went up, so you can't claim they are not good enough for a league one promotion team. Both have played in the championship and would not be out of place back there.

You are literally the only person I know (note I didn't say fan) who thinks Raggett is rubbish.  You only see his faults and none of his qualities, and at league one level he has lots of them. 

I'd be happy to take a bet that he will be in the league one PFA team of the year this season if we finish top 6 - but not with you obviously because you would not pay up. And judging on your past record of u-turns you'll be saying he is brilliant in a few weeks time.
(09-10-2022, 06:07 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2022, 05:21 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]'And Raggett & Robertson are IMO one of the best central defence pairings in this division, and it's about time they were re-united in that role this season.'

Yes, I do. So do many others because they proved it last season by having one of the best defensive records in the league ... better for instance than Sunderland who went up, so you can't claim they are not good enough for a league one promotion team. Both have played in the championship and would not be out of place back there.

You are literally the only person I know (note I didn't say fan) who thinks Raggett is rubbish.  You only see his faults and none of his qualities, and at league one level he has lots of them. 

I'd be happy to take a bet that he will be in the league one PFA team of the year this season if we finish top 6 - but not with you obviously because you would not pay up. And judging on your past record of u-turns you'll be saying he is brilliant in a few weeks time.

When you said 'Both have played in the championship and would not be out of place back there' I stopped right there. You're definitely on a windup. You caught me. Well done.
Factually correct that they have both played in the championship ... 53 games between them.

They've even played together in the championship.
To say Raggett and Robertson are good enough for the championship now is absurd. One of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard in football. I can only judge them watching them at Pompey. They are below average to average at best league 1 defenders and a big reason we won't get promoted.

Deepblue, are you Sean or Clark in disguise ?
(09-10-2022, 08:22 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]To say Raggett and Robertson are good enough for the championship now is absurd. One of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard in football. I can only judge them watching them at Pompey. They are below average to average at best league 1 defenders and a big reason we won't get promoted.

It’s not up there with:

1- We could go all season undefeated.

2 - We will be fighting relegation this season.

3 - our coaching staff are fat

4 - I fly in from Cape Town for every home game

5 - there’s 5 people who would want to sit anywhere near you at football

Just some of your football related bullshit.
(09-10-2022, 08:29 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2022, 08:22 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]To say Raggett and Robertson are good enough for the championship now is absurd. One of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard in football. I can only judge them watching them at Pompey. They are below average to average at best league 1 defenders and a big reason we won't get promoted.

It’s not up there with:

You always seem to be angry for some reason. Especially towards me. Very odd. 

Seriously, talk to someone. I say that genuinely. 

If you are struggling financially and need to get away with the family, you can stay at my place in Cape Town for free. I would also pay for the flights too. Genuinely. You can stay there for 3 weeks. Let me know.
(09-10-2022, 08:34 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]

It’s not up there with:

If you are struggling financially and need to get away with the family, you can stay at my place in Cape Town for free. I would also pay for the flights too. Genuinely. You can stay there for 3 weeks. Let me know.

Angry? No not at all. I enjoy calling out your utter bullshit day after day.

I think you need to seek help for your delusions. You don’t have property in South Africa, you live in Fareham in your mums box room in a single bed.

Perhaps address some of your bullshit I’ve listed?
(09-10-2022, 09:20 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

It’s not up there with:

I think you need to seek help for your delusions. You don’t have property in South Africa, you live in Fareham in your mums box room in a single bed.

If you don't want to accept the offer you could politely decline.
I'll take up your offer on his behalf cheers, I'm very angry about everything all the time grrrrrr!
If you could top up your fridge with beers, ciders and white wine that would be super duper.
I'll pm you my personal details for flights, etc, and my 3 mates.

Btw where in Atlanta is your other property?
Griff
Morrison-Raggs-Robbo
Swanson-Pack-Lowrey-Ogilvie
Dale-scarlet-koroma
(09-10-2022, 09:23 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2022, 09:20 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

It’s not up there with:

If you don't want to accept the offer you could politely decline.

Apologies, you’re right. It’s a kind offer but I’m fine for cash. I’ve been talking to a Nigerian Prince who has some money deposited in the US and I’m helping him out as he can’t move it. He’s going to give me a cut and pay it straight in to my bank account. All I’ve really had to do is give him my bank details, PIN number, passport and address so it’s a good deal.
Hopefully it’ll come thru PG100 then you can nip down to Millbrook and buy a Big Issue from the scummer troll.
Any danger of this post getting back to the subject, which, I thought, was worthwhile and interesting?
Ive just edited my team selection and replaced Swanson with Freeman (who'd I'd forgotten about :0 )
Given that Raggett has been our biggest threat at attacking corners, we seem to be under using his talent in that regard.
I'm all for getting Ogilvie back where he belongs and giving someone else a go at right back.
I agree. I can't understand DC on this one. If it had been for one match as a fill-in then ok but on an extended period I would have thought it was the perfect time to get Swanson playing. If not, then why is he here? Freeman (much as I do not rate him!) could just have easily sat on the bench unused.