TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Missed out Strikers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Noticed that Kyle Wootton who Cowley was desperate to sign, who ended up at Stockport has only scored 1 goal from 15 games so far. And George Hirst hasn’t scored yet for Blackburn in 6 games.
(10-10-2022, 12:43 PM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]Noticed that Kyle Wootton who Cowley was desperate to sign, who ended up at Stockport has only scored 1 goal from 15 games so far. And George Hirst hasn’t scored yet for Blackburn in 6 games.

To be fair Hirst has only started one game, and was always going to find it hard at Championship level. But the fact that he is getting on so often must mean they rate him.
Don't know much about Wooton but have been around long enough to see enouhh managers spunk the budget on a player only to use him incorrectly.

George is a bit silly as he probably isn't ready for championship yet. A couple of good months at the end of the season doent prepare you for the step up. He may repeat the trick towards the end of the season again but it is a,gamble. If he can't hold down a starting position, he'll be in a spot of bother.
(10-10-2022, 01:09 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2022, 12:43 PM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]Noticed that Kyle Wootton who Cowley was desperate to sign, who ended up at Stockport has only scored 1 goal from 15 games so far. And George Hirst hasn’t scored yet for Blackburn in 6 games.

To be fair Hirst has only started one game, and was always going to find it hard at Championship level. But the fact that he is getting on so often must mean they rate him.

Lol Deep I am fascinated with how your brain works. They rate him so much that they don't give him any starts?
missed a pen at the weekend
Sounds like a bit low on confidence at present with the missed pen & only subs appearances. Also, Carter hasn't been a regular starter recently & not in the match squad on Saturday & doesn't sound injured. I'm thinking it's worth a loan approach for both in January until the end of the season?
(10-10-2022, 03:19 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a bit low on confidence at present with the missed pen & only subs appearances. Also, Carter hasn't been a regular starter recently & not in the match squad on Saturday & doesn't sound injured. I'm thinking it's worth a loan approach for both in January until the end of the season?

If Hirst hasn’t been able to continue his form (which was shit up to January) then they can keep him.  Carter if available I would love to see.
(10-10-2022, 01:13 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2022, 01:09 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Lol Deep I am fascinated with how your brain works. They rate him so much that they don't give him any starts?

It's not difficult, they rate him so much that they have given him a start and put him in the squad every week and have brought him on as sub 5 times. Pretty good for a young player trying to break into a good championship side.