TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Charlton away predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Charlton will be confident after their midweek win and they have some good players.

We really should be beating Charlton though if we have any real ambition of promotion.

I expect the addicks will make it difficult for us though and make it four league games without victory for us as we fall a place this weekend to sixth and we cling onto our playoff place. Top 2 has gone and the alarm bells will start ringing after Monday night.

Charlton 1 - 1 Pompey
Pillock
I'll go for a high scoring draw

23 - 23

Every point is valuable when in a relegation fight though.
Away draws are still good results. I'll go for 2-2.

I think this is our seasons wobbly period and it's probably a bit too soon for rafferty to come back. He is proving to be a big miss.

BlueArmy, you are a lunatic but I do chuckle at your trolling. Not as subtle as it once was.
2.2 seems about right to me, plenty of goals in our team but we don't keep many clean sheets
Three games in hand over the teams above us. Need to win two of them to be in that top two group. 
Ipswich's remarkable home set back against Lincoln - 33 shots to Lincoln's three with 76% possession - just shows that there's going to be plenty of twists and turns until May.
Always nice to move up the table without even playing.
Need to win all three to be second
Have the 2nd best ppg in the Division. Agreed it's always hard to win all your games in hand but despite Blue Doom and Gloom Army, I still feel we are in the early stages of a very good season. Rafferty and Lowery have been missed but every team will miss key players at some time in the season. I do hope for Monday that DC gives Swanson a chance and moves Ogilvie back to where he is best.
I can't believe how well Plymouth are doing at the moment. They are absolutely flying. Has to come to an end soon, surely?

Top 3 look to be breaking away already. We can keep ourselves in that pack with a couple of half decent results.
(15-10-2022, 06:27 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]I can't believe how well Plymouth are doing at the moment. They are absolutely flying. Has to come to an end soon, surely?

Top 3 look to be breaking away already. We can keep ourselves in that pack with a couple of half decent results.
Remember Shrewsbury a few years ago? They started the season like a train. To be fair, Plymouth have a far better squad than they did but would not be at all surprised to see them slip up soon.
"The definition of a fool is someone who does the same thing over and over again expecting different results"

Reference everything but the thread's creation - 2-1 to Pompey.
(15-10-2022, 06:38 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]"The definition of a fool is someone who does the same thing over and over again expecting different results"

So, persistence is futile, then. - Robert the Bruce
I think Plymouth have a very good team.
Ipswich are the best we’ve played.
I haven’t seen a team better than us.

We dropped points against Fleetwood and Lincoln, who have had very good results against the top two.

We’re doing alright

2-1 to Pompey.
(15-10-2022, 07:35 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-10-2022, 06:38 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]"The definition of a fool is someone who does the same thing over and over again expecting different results"

The spider didn't expect different results.
(15-10-2022, 08:01 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-10-2022, 07:35 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]

The spider didn't expect different results.

Ooh, I like that!!!
I think we’ll draw this one , charlton are unbeaten at home
Oh good, another record to be destroyed.

It's their turn.
1-2 if we have lowery back 1-1 if not
Would like a 352 or 343 for this game
We don’t have 100% fit wingbacks to play 352/532 at the moment. Interesting to see that both Plymouth and Ipswich generally play 4321
(16-10-2022, 09:29 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]We don’t have 100% fit wingbacks to play 352/532 at the moment. Interesting to see that both Plymouth and Ipswich generally play 4321

I thought both Swanson & Hume were fit but may be wrong?
(16-10-2022, 06:33 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-10-2022, 09:29 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]We don’t have 100% fit wingbacks to play 352/532 at the moment. Interesting to see that both Plymouth and Ipswich generally play 4321

I thought both Swanson & Hume were fit but may be wrong?

fit yes, match fit perhaps not quite? I would think wingback is physically very demanding too.
Hate playing Charlton away. Just one of those fixtures that never produces the result we want or deserve so have to concur with the draw predictions above. 0-0 for me.
(17-10-2022, 10:32 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Hate playing Charlton away. Just one of those fixtures that never produces the result we want or deserve so have to concur with the draw predictions above. 0-0 for me.

if we do get something maybe it will feel like not losing at Crystal Palace and Sheff Utd under Harry! An indicator of a very good season to come. On the other hand....
(17-10-2022, 01:35 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-10-2022, 10:32 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Hate playing Charlton away. Just one of those fixtures that never produces the result we want or deserve so have to concur with the draw predictions above. 0-0 for me.

if we do get something maybe it will feel like not losing at Crystal Palace and Sheff Utd under Harry! An indicator of a very good season to come. On the other hand....

Yes, a turning of the tide.......or business as usual.
Pages: 1 2