TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: 6 years in league one and still no closer to promotion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(19-10-2022, 07:56 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Think this thread should be moved to General now so far off topic. BTW I had: 1/2 Avocado, Cheese & Onion Quiche new pots & mixed veg, fresh rasperries & greek yoghurt all served by my butler James!

Every barmy post should be treated this way. Far more entertaining and informative.
It's breakfast, dinner and tea. When I first met my wife supper (in Surrey) was a tray of cucumber and black pepper sandwiches while watching Howard's Way, in my world it was a bowl of Frosties before bedtime.
And I wasn't around in 1958 btw.
For the record I had macaroni cheese with added tuna last night for 'tea'.
(18-10-2022, 06:58 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-10-2022, 11:15 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I had stew for dinner

So did I...

A threesome eh !
(20-10-2022, 04:21 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-10-2022, 07:56 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Think this thread should be moved to General now so far off topic. BTW I had: 1/2 Avocado, Cheese & Onion Quiche new pots & mixed veg, fresh rasperries & greek yoghurt all served by my butler James!

Every barmy post should be treated this way. Far more entertaining and informative.

Yeah great thread Barmy (Ash), takes me back to the good old days of FF, maybe even Bulc will pop along any time soon to let us know he had a bacon sandwich.
So just to clarify:
Dinner is your main meal whenever you eat it
Lunch is a midday thing (unless you've had dinner then, or both if you're a fatty)
Supper is a late, light snack.
All of this only if you're a tofu eating, Guardian reading member of the wokerati.....
(20-10-2022, 08:10 AM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]So just to clarify:
Dinner is your main meal whenever you eat it
Lunch is a midday thing (unless you've had dinner then, or both if you're a fatty)
Supper is a late, light snack.
All of this only if you're a tofu eating, Guardian reading member of the wokerati.....

Even better when supper is referred to as 'supps'
oi, what about elevenses or is that brunch now.

and I was always confused why Dinner Ladies were so called at school
(20-10-2022, 12:03 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]oi, what about elevenses or is that brunch now.

Dinner ladies should have been rebadged as the SS in my day. Tried to force feed me with luminous orange fish fingers, treacle tart that broke your teeth and white sauce to go with chocolate pudding that was still mainly powder. Still, got my own back one day by throwing up on one after being almost force fed the battleship grey baked fish.
(20-10-2022, 12:03 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]and I was always confused why Dinner Ladies were so called at school

Baffling isn't it! You must have been pretty dim back then too  Shy
So, if you are having a cup of tea ( or coffee), mid afternoon what sandwich would you have with it. Personally I like a strong onion and strong cheddar on bloomer with a little dollop of salad cream along with a mug of Yorkshire tea.

Deebo

Smoked salmon and cream cheese in diagonal quarters with the crusts removed.
(20-10-2022, 12:18 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-10-2022, 12:03 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]oi, what about elevenses or is that brunch now.

Dinner ladies should have been rebadged as the SS in my day. Tried to force feed me with luminous orange fish fingers, treacle tart that broke your teeth and white sauce to go with chocolate pudding that was still mainly powder. Still, got my own back one day by throwing up on one after being almost force fed the battleship grey baked fish.

....I threw up spinach on mine and never eaten it since.
(20-10-2022, 01:51 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]So, if you are having a cup of tea ( or coffee), mid afternoon what sandwich would you have with it. Personally I like a strong onion and strong cheddar on bloomer with a little dollop of salad cream along with a mug of Yorkshire tea.

Tuna mixed with vinegar and salad cream, with lettuce and cress
(20-10-2022, 01:12 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-10-2022, 12:03 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]and I was always confused why Dinner Ladies were so called at school

No, they should have been called Lunch Ladies, thicko
Diagonal quarters, an oxymoron that actually isn't. That made me think!
(20-10-2022, 04:25 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-10-2022, 01:12 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]

No, they should have been called Lunch Ladies, thicko

....well as we were all so friggin downtrodden back then, the grub at school was actually the main meal so it was technically dinner.
I used to dream of dinner at school. I my day I ate a handfull of hot gravel and dad would beat us when we got home. Tell the younger generation that today and the wont believe you.
.....gravel.....luxury
(20-10-2022, 01:51 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]So, if you are having a cup of tea ( or coffee), mid afternoon what sandwich would you have with it. Personally I like a strong onion and strong cheddar on bloomer with a little dollop of salad cream along with a mug of Yorkshire tea.
Got to be rich tea or shortbread biscuits with the afternoon cuppa... and you can't drink coffee in the afternoon ffs.. that's a morning quaff... those are the rules
I'm a coffee in the morning, coffee at 3 man, with tea the rest of the day.
Coffee until mid afternoon then tea for me
Wot! no horlicks

Deebo

(20-10-2022, 06:47 PM)Fscumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Diagonal quarters, an oxymoron that actually isn't. That made me think!

It’s a posh way of saying triangles don’tcha know.  Big Grin
Well we had spag bog in a camper van over looking the dolphins on the Moray Firth.

Incidentally the tin of Tesco bolognaise was absolutely disgusting.

Definitely grew up with dinner at dinner time, tea after school and bed after Rhubarb and Custard.
Lol some interesting choices.

My favourite dinner is chicken tikka massala.

Can anyone recommend some good Indians in the PO postcode? Im back in the UK for a while.
Pages: 1 2 3