TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Three windows.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Judge me after 3 windows. Well, you've all but cleansed the club of Jackett players. That team could have gone up if they'd been allowed to play a bit more. So could yours if you ask each player to do what he's good at.
I would like to see the terms of Scarlett's loan because I think leaving Piggott out is hurting the team now. Bishop was a different player when he was the nine.
The players we have now are not good enough for promotion.

Doesn't matter if we have Klopp in charge, he couldn't get promotion out of these players.

Who brought them in? Danny did.
Fork Handles
(18-10-2022, 09:40 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]The players we have now are not good enough for promotion.

Doesn't matter if we have Klopp in charge, he couldn't get promotion out of these players.

Who brought them in? Danny did.

You said we could go all season undefeated.
People have short memories. Jackets team was awful for very long stretches. They couldn't pass or cross so I'm glad that those players have gone.

It was only a couple of weeks ago we were salivating at the football being played. It's not pretty at the moment but we know that the team can play well. That's not to say that Danny hasn't dropped some absolute clangers.

But we will go on another half decent run again.
(18-10-2022, 10:52 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]People have short memories. Jackets team was awful for very long stretches. They couldn't pass or cross so I'm glad that those players have gone.

It was only a couple of weeks ago we were salivating at the football being played. It's not pretty at the moment but we know that the team can play well. That's not to say that Danny hasn't dropped some absolute clangers.

But we will go on another half decent run again.

Exactly
We actually played very well, once Pack went off. His disappearance screwed up their game plan and we looked threatening. Mingi was at the heart of that.
For me, the biggest difference is Thompson. You can play revolving doors all day long with that midfield but without Thommo, we look vulnerable at the back and lack penetration and aggression going forward.
(18-10-2022, 09:33 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to see the terms of Scarlett's loan because I think leaving Piggott out is hurting the team now. Bishop was a different player when he was the nine.

Although, you'll need to know the verbal as well as the written.
I think it’s just a blip. We are a decent side. In January we need to off load Tunnicliffe, Freeman and Jacobs. I realise Jacobs on his day ( which isn’t often) he can be brilliant but since he’s been here he’s been a sick note, time to cut our losses. I would invest in another right winger, central midfielder and it looks like another keeper.
I’m also hoping we change to a stronger midfield tactic for away games as we’re generally getting over run as our 442 is being dominated. Also as I’ve mentioned for weeks now I’d really like to see Pigott up front with Bishop so hopefully he can get back his magic hat.
Anyway I still reckon promotion this season PUP
BTW this 'you need three-windows' thing, that I'd never heard of before the Cowleys came in, is a myth. Harry won the league in ONE window. And he lost Prosineki in the same window!
(19-10-2022, 12:05 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]BTW this 'you need three-windows' thing, that I'd never heard of before the Cowleys came in, is a myth. Harry won the league in ONE window. And he lost Prosineki in the same window!

That’s because Cowley said to judge him after 3 windows.
(18-10-2022, 09:40 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]The players we have now are not good enough for promotion.

We?
(19-10-2022, 05:38 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]For me, the biggest difference is Thompson. You can play revolving doors all day long with that midfield but without Thommo, we look vulnerable at the back and lack penetration and aggression going forward.

I see Thompson shopping In Sainsburys Fareham last week, he was walking back to his car. Seemed to be walking fine, so fingers crossed he is getting over his injury.
(19-10-2022, 08:28 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I think it’s just a blip. We are a decent side. In January we need to off load Tunnicliffe, Freeman and Jacobs. I realise Jacobs on his day ( which isn’t often) he can be brilliant but since he’s been here he’s been a sick note, time to cut our losses. I would invest in another right winger, central midfielder and it looks like another keeper.
I’m also hoping we change to a stronger midfield tactic for away games as we’re generally getting over run as our 442 is being dominated. Also as I’ve mentioned for weeks now I’d really like to see Pigott up front with Bishop so hopefully he can get back his magic hat.

Monday night was one of those nights with most players having a bad night. Pack was about to be subbed just before he got sent off so should have acted sooner. The game improved dramatically with the subs coming on Jacobs started pinging the ball around had a good shot & free kick. D.C. gambled on his fitness & unfortunately he wasn't ready yet. Minghi was brilliant & was just going past players as if they weren't there. They had to foul him to stop him. I'd keep Jacobs unless they can find someone as good or better. C.B. + extra striker needed.
(19-10-2022, 08:31 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-10-2022, 08:28 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I think it’s just a blip. We are a decent side. In January we need to off load Tunnicliffe, Freeman and Jacobs. I realise Jacobs on his day ( which isn’t often) he can be brilliant but since he’s been here he’s been a sick note, time to cut our losses. I would invest in another right winger, central midfielder and it looks like another keeper.

Monday night was one of those nights with most players having a bad night. Pack was about to be subbed just before he got sent off so should have acted sooner. The game improved dramatically with the subs coming on Jacobs started pinging the ball around had a good shot & free kick. D.C. gambled on his fitness & unfortunately he wasn't ready yet. Minghi was brilliant & was just going past players as if they weren't there. They had to foul him to stop him. I'd keep Jacobs unless they can find someone as good or better. C.B. + extra striker needed.

I don't see why there's so much squinnying. We were unlucky against Plymouth  (last season we'd have lost), Ipswich got a freak last minute winner, Fleetwood grabbed an equaliser then put 11 players on the goaline, whilst nothing went right with Charlton. It's a blip. Every club gets it. Especially one that has a key players put injured and an  owner that isn't prepared to bankrupt us in order to get up to the championship.

In comparison to others and their budgets, I think we have over achieved and it was only a matter of time until our over reliance on pack would be an issue. Yes, cowley has some issues to address  but I'm seeing a team that do far gives a feck and that's good enough for me.

And, ba can fo. It's embarrassing that the people who run this board allow the scum troll to litter this site.
Going back at least to the 80s Charlton have always been a bogey side for us. We normally get nothing 
but a cockney ref when we play at the Valley so I was fully expecting Monday. Even when Berger scored that wonder goal we only came away with a point. Draw a line under it and move on. Oh and the Cowleys, if you have an injured right back, why not play your back up instead of moving your left back to right back, your centre back to left back and playing your reserve centre back when you don't need to? We would like to understand  the logic behind your thinking.
square pegs works
Only in square holes.