TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Swanson, Mingi, Curtis, Tunnicliffe & Pigott
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All start .....
good to see that I'm hoping for a convincing display PUP
Me too bro'
Glad morrell has been dropped,he flatters to deceive
(22-10-2022, 01:33 PM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]Glad morrell has been dropped,he flatters to deceive

Agree, the team's track record with him in the side must be below average.
Grounds for optimism, at least. Although, five changes might need a little bedding in. The additional upside is that FG will have been preparing for the previous team. This could catch them out completely.
Tunnicliffe will be interesting as he hasn’t contributed anything for one reason or another for several months. Big day for his future.
(22-10-2022, 01:39 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Tunnicliffe will be interesting as he hasn’t contributed anything for one reason or another for several months. Big day for his future.

Deserves a chance MOM against Villa U21s.
Fair fucks to Cowley, gave us the RB and Pig changes we wanted
Pig and Bish didn’t work at all today
It's interesting isn't it that after three of four years we are finally in a position to make five changes bringing in reasonably capable professionals simply because we have a stronger squad. Today was much out of necessity as a change of approach becasuse of the serious developing injury situation. My understanding was that Pack (suspended today anyway) was having a scan this weekend, Morrell has a back problem, Thompson has a broken leg and so forth and despite everything the manager  says I'm guessing the Rafferty and Lowery are still some way short of a return. The emergence of Mingi is a real bonus and I'm guessing he's going to be starter for quite a while providing he doesn't get injured as well!
PUP
(22-10-2022, 10:19 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Pig and Bish didn’t work at all today

Give them a chance. It's been a while since they started together.
They were largely crowded out and both struggled to hold up the ball (something Bishop excels at normally.)

FGR couldn't cope with trying to contain Raggett as well. His header was comparatively unchallenged.

Deebo

I know I’m biased about Bishop having watched him at Leamington but I think most on here would agree that he’s a massive upgrade on the previous incumbent in terms of hold up play and heading ability. Had a great start and gone a bit quiet. It happens.
We need to get Tunni off corners.

Ideally off the pitch, but at the very least off corners.
(23-10-2022, 11:12 AM)Deebo Wrote: [ -> ]I know I’m biased about Bishop having watched him at Leamington but I think most on here would agree that he’s a massive upgrade on the previous incumbent in terms of hold up play and heading ability. Had a great start and gone a bit quiet. It happens.

It wouldn’t have happened were Scarlett dropped for Piggot
So Scarlett is the only thing stopping us winning the league maybe? Gotta laugh.
(04-12-2022, 04:04 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]So Scarlett is the only thing stopping us winning the league maybe? Gotta laugh.

I never said that did I? He’s certainly a big reason we aren’t scoring like we were.
Looks to me that the loss of Lowery and Rafferty is massive.We haven't won many league games without them
(04-12-2022, 04:12 PM)farq2 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks to me that the loss of Lowery and Rafferty is massive.We haven't won many league games without them

Rafferty was a big loss but the mistake was refusing to play Swanson at rb.

Every team gets injuries but it how you adapt.

Todays performance had nothing to do with injuries, the players don’t seem to have a clue what they are supposed to do and didn’t put the effort in.

We need to start playing for 90mins and not the last 20
(04-12-2022, 04:15 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-12-2022, 04:12 PM)farq2 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks to me that the loss of Lowery and Rafferty is massive.We haven't won many league games without them

Rafferty was a big loss but the mistake was refusing to play Swanson at rb.

Every team gets injuries but it how you adapt.

Todays performance had nothing to do with injuries, the players don’t seem to have a clue what they are supposed to do and didn’t put the effort in.

We need to start playing for 90mins and not the last 20

Agree about not playing Swanson when Rafferty got injured,but the fact remains
 that without lowery and Rafferty we haven't been able to adapt and win games.I also agree that far too often under Cowley the players don't appear to know what they are supposed to be doing