TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Oxford
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not an easy game tonight.
We'll have to play much much better to beat Oxford. Hopefully the defence will take some confidence from a clean sheet. We are still creating a lot of chances so similar to a lot of games, the difference will be putting 2 or 3 of them away.

Could go either way today. Let's hope Eisner Sr. is a lucky charm
Hopped over to one of their boards and popular opinion is that they're going to get royally stuffed.
No Matty Taylor, the striker, for them, the appeal against his red card on Saturday was overturned. Think Pompey will win 2.0
Actually I have a nice feeling about this one - three points would be wonderful with the Shrews coming up. There is that little/growing needle between the teams and at FP, with a lot to play for, that could spur us on early doors. 
We have potential flair players in the team and with the Fratton faithful behind them it could be a very good night for PFC !
(25-10-2022, 11:58 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]We'll have to play much much better to beat Oxford. Hopefully the defence will take some confidence from a clean sheet. We are still creating a lot of chances so similar to a lot of games, the difference will be putting 2 or 3 of them away.

Could go either way today. Let's hope Eisner Sr. is a lucky charm

I get the impression he is quite lucky.
It’ll all depend on the weather , wether we see any decent football tonight.
(25-10-2022, 12:06 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Hopped over to one of their boards and popular opinion is that they're going to get royally stuffed.

Let's hope they're correct.
I hope the crowd stays with the team tonight. Its going to be wobbly in a few places. They'll need us to back them.
Like Charlton, Oxford are another of those teams that always fill me with apprehension no matter what the form book says. 1-1
Every game is tricky but we need a performance worthy of our expectations. If we’re as good as we believe we are then it’s a win for us.

2-0
A nervy 1-0 will do me
3-0. Ever the optimist, happy clapper
As someone said Oxford & Karl Robinson, always raise their game against us, so tonight we should show them how good we are! 4-0 Pompey
Pompey to win by one goal.
3-1 Pompey
Oops.
Why do you predict these wins for us?
18 minutes and we are one nil down.
Pompeyg100 you might be right.
Come on Pompey FFS.
Not sure how we're going to get out of this tight spot as the bench looks totally uninspiring.
Top goal to be fair. Midfield invisible, almost as soft as the ref but not by much
(25-10-2022, 12:53 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Like Charlton, Oxford are another of those teams that always fill me with apprehension no matter what the form book says. 1-1

Ahem.......
Good shout Gerry. At half time I would happily have taken a point, tad disappointed in the end that we couldn't turn our pressure against 10 men into a win
I didn't put any money on it but reckon a bookie would just accept a screen shot of this page and my £10,000 bet. Whadyafink?