TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Half time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Curtis. useless
Mingi. anonymous 
Bishop. lightweight
Scarlett. What’s happened to him

Reeco. Trying hard
Swanson. Jury’s out

We look less than ordinary.

Oxford well worth their lead.

Who the hell do we bring on to change it? Hume for Curtis?
I know exactly what you mean Cunning. Just seen Bishop's goal, couldn't see what Oxford were arguing about and they can have no complaints over the red card either
Yes Bishop is a bit of a powder puff at the moment.
(25-10-2022, 10:34 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Yes Bishop is a bit of a powder puff at the moment.

with Scarlett along side him, is his job to be another hard man or to try and pick up the pieces that fall off of his number 9?
Can’t remember Curtis having a good game in the league for ages now. Off the bench or starting
I'm a fan of Curtis I like his commitment and passion (sometimes misplaced) but have to agree he's been ineffective for a long time. Probably needs a fresh start somewhere.
(26-10-2022, 12:18 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-10-2022, 10:34 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Yes Bishop is a bit of a powder puff at the moment.

with Scarlett along side him, is his job to be another hard man or to try and pick up the pieces that fall off of his number 9?

That's a good question and is probably the underlying cause of his poor form. He probably isn't clear what his role is. Having said that he needs to be stronger in the air and needs to stop backing into defenders looking for free kicks. I think refs are wise (assuming refs are ever wise these days!!!) to this and are refusing to give him what he wants.
Think it has been a tough gig for Curtis.

He arrived with a bang but look what he has lived through since: Jacketball, off the pitch family issues, and I am sure he is giving players like Naylor and Harness the beady eye as we have regressed from autos to playoffs, then playoffs to mid table.

I think the boy would do with a move.

I say that against our interests and solely in his own.

He has been a passionate servant and has set a goalscoring record. He will be well appreciated when we cross paths with him.