TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Midfield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We started the season with the strongest midfield, on paper. We looked so lightweight tonight. Desperately need players coming back from injury.

It’s easy to get despondent about how the team are performing as a whole but it’s clear where the problem lies.

Mingi isn’t ready for full games yet. In fact, he didn’t look ready for anything tonight.

Tunnicliffe looked better but needs more match sharpness.

Reeco off in some pain. Lets hope he’s not added to the list of players out.
Really poor performance, not physically or mentally tough enough.
What's happened to all those players who are fit and available?
Thought Tunnicliffe did better in the 2nd half but Cunning is right we are lightweight without the likes of Pack, Lowery , Thommo and Jacobs. Not a great fan of Morrell, another who spends so much time out with injury
Tunnicliffe was MOTM for me especially in the second half. Oxford were just time wasting,cheating coonts and the ref as usual was pedantic and shit. No protection to the players at all. We had a decent penalty shout turned down in the 2nd half. Any team whose supporters chant 'Yellows' deserved to be smashed.
I hope DC doesn’t tell us on Friday that the whole squad is fit and available.
Talking of injuries, remember Jayden Reid? Signed summer last year before he got crocked, we were told he would be ready for this season. Must be the longest wait for a debut ever.
Out for the season. Career ended?
(26-10-2022, 05:27 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Talking of injuries, remember Jayden Reid? Signed summer last year before he got crocked, we were told he would be ready for this season. Must be the longest wait for a debut ever.

Do you read any Pompey news. It’s not the same injury. He picked this one up in a preseason friendly and was looking a good squad player by then.
I might be wrong but I think he's on his 3rd injury now. Hasn't he recently done another ACL and is out for the season having been on the verge of 'fitness'? Insurance pay-out then he will be released I would think.
Feel really sorry for him. Each time he plays a come back game gets injured it seems. But was a very good good looking prospect when we signed him.
(26-10-2022, 07:54 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-10-2022, 05:27 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Talking of injuries, remember Jayden Reid? Signed summer last year before he got crocked, we were told he would be ready for this season. Must be the longest wait for a debut ever.

Do you read any Pompey news. It’s not the same injury. He picked this one up in a preseason friendly and was looking a good squad player by then.

No BTA, why read 'Pompey news' when I can rely on 'informed' people like you?
If you did that then you wouldn’t make
ill informed posts.
More a case of you misunderstanding or misreading my post. At no point did I claim it was the 'same' injury. In fact, as the other posts show, it is unclear which or how many injuries he has had. Perhaps, as the person with all the answers, you can help fill in the gaps.
I do wonder about the high press and injuries.
If they are practising that in training between two games a week, then most are going to get wear and tear injuries. plus of course collision type injuries in training