TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Cowley, Rafferty and Lowery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has Cowley got a problem with these two? They are both supposed to be fit. I did wonder whether they had reached a point in their contracts that an extra payment was due, which the club couldn't afford, but they haven't been with the club long enough. So there must have been a falling out.
He just likes to keep the opposition guessing. I think he should be working on ball control in tight areas because from what I've seen it's pretty dreadful.
Why would you tell the opposition manger our strongest two players are out. Need to keep them guessing
But why, after 18 months, has he suddenly decided to adopt this tight-lipped policy? It's not as if other managers have been deaf, dumb and blind in the past 18 months of his tenure. It's certainly a very effective way to stifle criticism of who should be playing and where.
So why isn't he saying he's just signed Harland?
(26-10-2022, 02:23 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Has Cowley got a problem with these two? They are both supposed to be fit. I did wonder whether they had reached a point in their contracts that an extra payment was due, which the club couldn't afford, but they haven't been with the club long enough. So there must have been a falling out.

Dont be ridiculous. 

Why look for a conspiracy theory when we know they have both been injured ? Rafferty even had an operation.  DC has said he hopes they will be back soon and he will keep the opposition guessing with his comments, and quite rightly so, but they will play when they are fit enough and not before.  

But in any case they were both free transfers so such a clause is impossible, and it's even more absurd to suggest they have had a falling out.
(26-10-2022, 03:06 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]So why isn't he saying he's just signed Harland?

Because that's ridiculous.

We won't be able to do that until January when the transfer window opens again.
They're obviously still injured. If you haven't sussed that out I suggest you stop eating your crayons.
Funny isn't it how Cowley was criticised for wheeling and dealing in the bargain basement and bringing in freebies and is now being criticised for not playing them.
He can't play them if they aren't match fit - last week both of then were doing basic drills away from the other players - that tells me they are nowhere near fit.

All the Cowlets have to do when asked about any injured player is just say :-

"The fans need to understand that I'm not prepared to comment either way & give information to the oppposition, lets keep them guessing"
The players are obviously not performing to the levels required in training. Simple really.
My biggest irritation, as a fan, is that I go to the game expecting to see the first team and out comes a reserve team. I'm glad I don't put money on the game.
Danny is obviously desperate for a win. But has a patchwork defense to manage and no the same with midfield.

I wonder if he trains them too hard during the week? Bodies can't recover if they keep having to do the high intensity work. Just a thought.

Where is the swagger and fast paced passing we saw in the first few weeks of the season?
>My biggest irritation, as a fan, is that I go to the game expecting to see the first team and out comes a reserve team. I'm glad I don't put money on the game. <

This has to be the biggest load of bollox since any of BA's posts. How on earth did Tuesdays team resemble a reserve team??? every player out there was a first team squad player,just because our first choice midfield wasn't available (through injury) is hardly DC's fault. Maybe don't bother going if it gets you that upset because it messes up your accy.
Tuesday's team only had two changes from Saturday's so could hardly be called a surprise line-up, escpecially when one of them (Scarlett for Pigott) was entirely expected.
(27-10-2022, 04:15 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]>My biggest irritation, as a fan, is that I go to the game expecting to see the first team and out comes a reserve team. I'm glad I don't put money on the game. <

This has to be the biggest load of bollox since any of BA's posts. How on earth did Tuesdays team resemble a reserve team??? every player out there was a first team squad player,just because our first choice midfield wasn't available (through injury) is hardly DC's fault. Maybe don't bother going if it gets you that upset because it messes up your accy.

It was certainly a disappointing performance, on Tuesday, from the first team.
(27-10-2022, 04:57 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Tuesday's team only had two changes from Saturday's so could hardly be called a surprise line-up, escpecially when one of them (Scarlett for Pigott) was entirely expected.

I was surprised that Rafferty, Lowery and Pack didn't play. Given Cowley's infatuation with Scarlett, I guess his return was no surprise.
(27-10-2022, 07:36 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-10-2022, 04:57 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Tuesday's team only had two changes from Saturday's so could hardly be called a surprise line-up, escpecially when one of them (Scarlett for Pigott) was entirely expected.

I was surprised that Rafferty, Lowery and Pack didn't play. Given Cowley's infatuation with Scarlett, I guess his return was no surprise.

Rafferty & Lowery were nowhere near being fit from what I saw late last week. Pack had a hamstring problem that you have to be careful not to aggravate- so that wasn't a surprise either.

Scarlett in his first season in senior football rightly needs game management, which is exactly what Cowleys are doing.
Scarlett needed resting 5 games ago.
Seeing that Rafferty needs a second op, bringing on Freeman for some game time makes a lot more sense. Swanson seems like a very good signing from what I've seem of him but as inexperienced as he is, we will have to manage his game time too!
I might put a few quid on Thompson playing before rafferty, lowery, jacobs or Pack!
(27-10-2022, 08:19 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Scarlett needed resting 5 games ago.

He reminds me of Romeo. Started brilliantly and then faded to obscurity. 

Doesn’t look a threat at all any more.
(30-10-2022, 07:07 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-10-2022, 08:19 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Scarlett needed resting 5 games ago.

He reminds me of Romeo. Started brilliantly and then faded to obscurity. 

Doesn’t look a threat at all any more.

Every other player DC talks of managing them because their young yet he plays game after game doing not a lot.
Maybe in his contract
Also a sign of where we are up front. Only own one striker.
Pages: 1 2