TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Shrewsbury score predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A difficult game next. Far more tricky than we could have imagined a few weeks back. We really need to start firing soon and this game could be pivotal for us.

What a turnaround from the start of the season, we all had such hopes. A first team squad that looked like it was the real deal and backup players that we would have been happy with as first choice last season. Injuries have decimated the squad and now we’re struggling for positive results.

Shrewsbury are looking strong, of late, and we need to produce a positive performance with whatever we have available. It’s not what we want but we’ll have to do the best with what we have until players start coming back. We’ve got to keep this season from fizzling out.

I’d be happy with a 1-0 in this game.
If we haven't got anyone back from injury 0-1, I'm afraid.
Never quite there are we....
2-0 Pompey. It doesn't matter which of our players are on the pitch. They're Pompey,they'll give 100% and we're at home against wurzel Cotterill
Unless there is a vast improvement the best I can see is a 1-1 draw.
With Gaffer on this one. My happy clapping has evaporated after the last 6 performances! Shame as a fully fit squad would be really pushing for promotion I feel. How many effing injuries can we have! In the last few years we've nearly always gone through a really dire patch around January. Hopefully we've had it three months early this year. PUP
(28-10-2022, 08:10 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]With Gaffer on this one. My happy clapping has evaporated after the last 6 performances! Shame as a fully fit squad would be really pushing for promotion I feel. How many effing injuries can we have! In the last few years we've nearly always gone through a really dire patch around January. Hopefully we've had it three months early this year. PUP

Prior to the midfield injuries, the one key one was RB and DC could have slotted another RB in there instead of moving the whole defence around, that’s where the problems started.

1-0 win and hopefully a couple of players back from injury.
A 2.1 Pompey win
It’s shocking to realise that, with 10 players injured, it’s probably only our third choice keeper that will not be in Saturday’s squad.
If Pack's back I'd fancy us to sneak a 1-0 win. 

Without Pack we'll be lucky to get the 0-0 Cotterill will come for.
(28-10-2022, 11:43 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]If Pack's back I'd fancy us to sneak a 1-0 win. 

Without Pack we'll be lucky to get the 0-0 Cotterill will come for.
Shrewsbury won’t be looking to come for a draw, not if their game against Plymouth was anything to go by.
at home we beat them usually
not keeping enough clean sheets
0-0 bore draw innit
Where's BlueArmy - he usually has some wise words on these types of threads .............
(28-10-2022, 05:28 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]Where's BlueArmy - he usually has some wise words on these types of threads  .............

After the last few responses to his posts, probably reading a menu
Strange, just when the wheels are falling off, which is what he said all along, he goes awol.
(28-10-2022, 05:28 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]Where's BlueArmy - he usually has some wise words on these types of threads  .............

He’s just called me, he’s predicting a 12-0 loss
1-2 loss.
(28-10-2022, 08:02 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]Unless there is a vast improvement the best I can see is a 1-1 draw.

With you Gaffer here as it looks like a very limited midfield again.

Let's hope we don't have to revert back to Hoofball mising out midfield.
(28-10-2022, 07:09 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm with BlueArmy, although we might nick one in injury time... 12-1

I hope he didn't reverse the charges from South Africa.
(28-10-2022, 09:15 PM)Jezzer Wrote: [ -> ]

I hope he didn't reverse the charges from South Africa.

Funnily enough I’m actually staying in his house in SA now whilst he’s in the US. Nice half term break with the family.
I predict several pints.
A draw again
(29-10-2022, 08:29 AM)scouse Wrote: [ -> ]I predict several pints.

Oktoberfest it is then.
Pages: 1 2