TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Dale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I like him. 

Always positive and very skilled. He was instrumental in everything that was right about Pompey in the first half against Shrews. Unfortunately, their défense worked out that if they forced him down to the byline and blocked his route to crossing’ there was no one to back him up. It needs Swanson or someone else to overlap and give him options. Ogilvie did it on the left (several times) but Koroma kept coming inside and ran into Shrews brick wall.
True, Dale had his best game since those first few games. He went off the boil after that, trying to beat one too many and added to that many teams saw him as the danger man and put two or three on him. Yesterday he stayed wider and tried to get to the bye line and cross and was far more effective. Also losing Lowery may have affected his game. I agree he’s very proactive which is nice to see.
Should have been MOTM
(30-10-2022, 07:41 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I like him. 

Always positive and very skilled. He was instrumental in everything that was right about Pompey in the first half against Shrews. Unfortunately, their défense worked out that if they forced him down to the byline and blocked his route to crossing’ there was no one to back him up. It needs Swanson or someone else to overlap and give him options. Ogilvie did it on the left (several times) but Koroma kept coming inside and ran into Shrews brick wall.

Not sure what game you saw but Swanson was overlapping quite a lot. Him Dale and Tunnicliffe were the main and only threat down the right. Are problem was nothing coming down the left. Ogilvie is not playing at his best, possible reason the stint at right back knocked him out of his rhythm. Koroma for me did nothing I actually wanted Curtis on which I wouldn’t normally advocate. 

Shrewsbury let us play that’s why we had 75% possession Oxford didn’t they pressed us at every opportunity . We just didn’t have the skill set to break Shrewsbury down. Obviously Nicky didn’t have plan b to change it yesterday like he did on Tuesday though unfortunately a bit to late.
Is it Nicky that implements Plan B and Danny Plan A? Kev the kitman Plan C
If we could all see how one sided we were, I'm disappointed that Curtis was not given even 20 minutes to try and insert some energy and aggression on the left.
I also wanted to see our keeper just once or twice go long, especially on the rare occasions that Shrews attacked.
Ogilvie played well, it was Koroma that was the problem, he was never down the flank to overlap with Ogilvie. Koroma kept drifting into the middle and only wanted to do his only trick which is cut in into the edge of the 18yd box and try and curl in a shot like Swanson.
(30-10-2022, 10:42 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]If we could all see how one sided we were, I'm disappointed that Curtis was not given even 20 minutes to try and insert some energy and aggression on the left.
I also wanted to see our keeper just once or twice go long, especially on the rare occasions that Shrews attacked.

Curtis has featured in every game this season and Koroma was so poor yesterday I can only guess he was not fully fit after having limped off on Tuesday and only on the bench because we were so short of players.
(30-10-2022, 10:07 AM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-10-2022, 07:41 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I like him. 

Not sure what game you saw but Swanson was overlapping quite a lot. Him Dale and Tunnicliffe were the main and only threat down the right. Are problem was nothing coming down the left. Ogilvie is not playing at his best, possible reason the stint at right back knocked him out of his rhythm. Koroma for me did nothing I actually wanted Curtis on which I wouldn’t normally advocate. 

Shrewsbury let us play that’s why we had 75% possession Oxford didn’t they pressed us at every opportunity . We just didn’t have the skill set to break Shrewsbury down. Obviously Nicky didn’t have plan b to change it yesterday like he did on Tuesday though unfortunately a bit to late.
That’s interesting because I could say the same to you. It’s all about opinions.

Swanson didn’t do half enough, in my book. The relationship is improving but Dale was left stranded too often.

As for Ogilvie not playing well…he had the work of two players on the left and did a bang up job of providing width on the left side. Really can’t see where you’re coming from there at all.

Fully agree with your opinion on Curtis though. He should have been on.

Deebo

Curtis not fit apparently despite being on the bench. Both our wingers tend to cut inside rather than stay wide on occasion and get the ball in early and stretch the defence. With a player of the heading ability of Bishop it’s a waste.
(30-10-2022, 05:11 PM)Deebo Wrote: [ -> ]Curtis not fit apparently despite being on the bench. Both our wingers tend to cut inside rather than stay wide on occasion and get the ball in early and stretch the defence. With a player of the heading ability of Bishop it’s a waste.

Yeah, fully agree with that.