TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Reason we’re dropping down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We ain’t scoring.

A few weeks ago, we topped the scoring charts. Now, we’ve scored less than Brizzle and Exeter.

We need our midfield back, it’s plain to see. Any talk of tactics and management styles is bloody ridiculous. Until the likes of Pack, Lowery and Thompson return, we’re going nowhere.
(30-10-2022, 07:54 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]We ain’t scoring.

A few weeks ago, we topped the scoring charts. Now, we’ve scored less than Brizzle and Exeter.

We need our midfield back, it’s plain to see. Any talk of tactics and management styles is bloody ridiculous. Until the likes of Pack, Lowery and Thompson return, we’re going nowhere.

Packs missed 2 games, we weren’t scoring recently with him in the team.  The Pig and Bishop need a run of games.
Pigott and Bishop at the very start of the season looked like a partnership in the making, I think they need a run of games together and Scarlett off the bench. Hopefully the P.E teachers don't wait till the end of the season to do this, like Jacobs last season!..

CF work off confidence.. Lets get them singing.. And make a real push for the top two.
Santa, don’t think you can accuse Morrell of going sideways. He virtually always looks forwards.
We need the wise old head of Pigott, not the just run at them Scarlett.
Whoever gave Scarlett MOTM yesterday needs their head examining.  He had a terrible game.  
Admittedly choosing someone was quite hard, but Dale had quite a good game and Swanson had his best game yet (and and scored a cracker), and Robertson had another good game. Giving it to Scarlett was a joke.
Dale lively, Swanson decent plus excellent goal, Robertson solid. Tunnicliffe was my MOM for always making himself available and doing the simple things with few mistakes. It’s not saying much but I think that’s where we are at the moment.
I'd agree with that FP. As regards Dale "fading" in the second half, that was always going to happen unless whoever was on the left wing started pulling attention their way, which they clearly did not.
(30-10-2022, 10:34 AM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Dale lively, Swanson decent plus excellent goal, Robertson solid. Tunnicliffe was my MOM for always making himself available and doing the simple things with few mistakes. It’s not saying much but I think that’s where we are at the moment.

Tunnicliffe divided opinion yesterday.  He did indeed make himself available and did the simple things with no mistakes but there is a danger that those apparently good attributes were part of the problem yesterday. We played it too safe and concentrated on keeping the ball when what was needed was a bit more risk taking.  Morrell was far more positive when he came on, unusually because I would often criticise him for playing too safe, which I suspect is why our record with him in the team is not wonderful, for all that he is a very good player.
(30-10-2022, 01:02 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-10-2022, 10:34 AM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Dale lively, Swanson decent plus excellent goal, Robertson solid. Tunnicliffe was my MOM for always making himself available and doing the simple things with few mistakes. It’s not saying much but I think that’s where we are at the moment.

Tunnicliffe divided opinion yesterday.  He did indeed make himself available and did the simple things with no mistakes but there is a danger that those apparently good attributes were part of the problem yesterday. We played it too safe and concentrated on keeping the ball when what was needed was a bit more risk taking.  Morrell was far more positive when he came on, unusually because I would often criticise him for playing too safe, which I suspect is why our record with him in the team is not wonderful, for all that he is a very good player.

Tunni is poor but have no choice at the moment. Not having a league game
Till the 12th of November is a blessing. Play the reserves in the cups and get knocked out
(30-10-2022, 01:08 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-10-2022, 01:02 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Tunni is poor but have no choice at the moment. Not having a league game
Till the 12th of November is a blessing. Play the reserves in the cups and get knocked out

Agreed in the Papa Johns but need to progress in the F.A.Cup to generate some cash for the January Transfer Window.

Don't forget Jacobs Cunni. Fully fit he can destroy the opposition!
(30-10-2022, 03:13 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

Don't forget Jacobs Cunni. Fully fit he can destroy the opposition!

Too patchy mate. I’d get rid in January.