TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Crowd control
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking in the summer and again yesterday. Reminded of Spurs and the crush in the lane.
Pompey and other clubs have quite rightly spent millions on making the grounds safer. 
Yet events such as music festivals are allowed to invite and charge tens of thousands more with virtually no crowd safety in place.
Frightening really.
Perhaps football fans are more stupid than music fans
(30-10-2022, 05:28 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps football fans are more stupid than music fans
some are even more drunk but perhaps less high on other substances
(30-10-2022, 10:46 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking in the summer and again yesterday. Reminded of Spurs and the crush in the lane.
Pompey and other clubs have quite rightly spent millions on making the grounds safer. 
Yet events such as music festivals are allowed to invite and charge tens of thousands more with virtually no crowd safety in place.
Frightening really.

Not really frightening, nothing is ever totally safe and the more ‘safety’ measures you put in, the less enjoyable the event.

When you think how many people have attended crowded events in the last century or so, there really haven’t been many casualties. Statistically speaking it’s more dangerous walking down the street or cooking in your kitchen. The more restrictions and safety measures you put in, the more expensive it becomes and the less ‘diverse’ the crowd.

You need a risk assessment for every little thing these days and life is not the better for it imo. 

Eating too much food, smoking too many substances or imbibing too much are far more deadly activities than attending a crowded event.
I was fortunate to be in the Fratton End when we played Spurs, after selling my programmes in Frogmore Road. I wonder how people who were in the crush outside the North Stand would feel?
"You need a risk assessment for every little thing these days"

Mostly because the "risk" of litigation is so rife.
(31-10-2022, 09:13 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]"You need a risk assessment for every little thing these days"

Mostly because the "risk" of litigation is so rife.

there is a strong feeling of concern that we are bringing children up in a way that means they cannot self assess risk for themselves. ie by taking even minimal risk away from their lives.
As I recall, children never thought about risk