TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Ruining strikers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We seem to be at it again. Poor Bish
9 goals before the end of October, third top scorer in the division. 

I wish we could ruin a few more like that.
I'm more concerned about Pigott. He was always popping up on the score-sheet when he played for Wimbledon, now he can't even get a game.
That’s because DC will stubbornly continue with Scarlett.

And DB, I am sure you are as always deliberately missing the point.
(01-11-2022, 01:34 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]9 goals before the end of October, third top scorer in the division. 

I wish we could ruin a few more like that.

How many pens?
(01-11-2022, 02:24 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]That’s because DC will stubbornly continue with Scarlett.

And DB, I am sure you are as always deliberately missing the point.

Not missing the point at all. 

Bishop is not being ruined in any way.

Quite the opposite - he may have the odd game where he looks poorer than in other games, but he is having his best ever season here and loving it.  He has never scored more than 12 league goals in a season - I'd say he is certain to smash that record. And he will do that whether his partner is Scarlett or Pigott (who I got pelters for at the start of the season when I said he should start ahead of Scarlett, but now most seem to agree with that).
How does Scarlett starting over Piggott affect Bishop DB?
According to the league One Top Scorers table on the BBC website, Bishop has the highest shot accuracy rate in our division at 80%. The only other player above 70% is Azaz of Plymouth. I assume 'shots' include headers as well. In the Premier League, Erling Haaland has a shot accuracy rate of just 66%!

Bishop's scored 8 league goals from 20 shots, of which 16 have been on target.

Both Jonson Clarke-Harris (11 goals) and Ellis Harrison (7 goals) have had over 40 shots, as has Haaland (17 goals).

if our wingers had got to the by-line more often and delivered decent crosses then I'm sure Bishop would have scored so many more goals. It's not rocket-science!
What is it with Pompey fans and looking to knock players!! We are meant to be getting behind them first the keeper now strikers!
"Poor Bish" blatantly knocking him...
(01-11-2022, 04:24 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]What is it with Pompey fans and looking to knock players!! We are meant to be getting behind them first the keeper now strikers!

You think they read this board?
(01-11-2022, 01:08 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]We seem to be at it again. Poor Bish

Oi! Stop bashing our Bishop! Still 3rd joint top goal scorer with a goal every 160 mins.
I'd quite like to see Pigott play with Scarlett so we can see how that partnership might work. Maybe tonight or the F.A. Cup match on Friday night. Bishop to start on the bench to come on 2nd half if needed. Alkso, gives him a bit of a rest. Plymouth do this withtheir top scorer Hardie as it works well with 2 goals last night.
(01-11-2022, 05:41 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd quite like to see Pigott play with Scarlett so we can see how that partnership might work. Maybe tonight or the F.A. Cup match on Friday night. Bishop to start on the bench to come on 2nd half if needed. Alkso, gives him a bit of a rest. Plymouth do this withtheir top scorer Hardie as it works well with 2 goals last night.

"see" ?
(01-11-2022, 04:07 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]How does Scarlett starting over Piggott affect Bishop DB?

Are you really asking that for real ?
Go on - follow that through and then compare it to the OP
(01-11-2022, 06:01 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Go on - follow that through and then compare it to the OP

Nah ... can't be arsed. 

Anyone who thinks Bishop has been ruined wouldn't care. 

Perhaps an explanation of your reasons for the OP might be more appropriate.
(01-11-2022, 05:41 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd quite like to see Pigott play with Scarlett so we can see how that partnership might work.

You have your wish!
(01-11-2022, 06:48 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2022, 06:01 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Go on - follow that through and then compare it to the OP

Nah ... can't be arsed. 

Anyone who thinks Bishop has been ruined wouldn't care. 

Perhaps an explanation of your reasons for the OP might be more appropriate.

Right up until the last line I thought finally, he's got it!

But no, you've missed the point again.
If I'm missing the point it is because you have failed to make your point. 

It won't just be me who has no idea what you meant by saying Bishop is being ruined, so until you clarify that this is all rather a waste of time.
Oh no it isn't! 
Oh, sorry, are we not doing that today?
(01-11-2022, 07:03 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2022, 05:41 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd quite like to see Pigott play with Scarlett so we can see how that partnership might work.

You have your wish!

Just for Mikey..

I saw the game last night and I can report that it didn’t work.

A lot of that was because Pigott didn’t perform at all well.