TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Tonight's Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dire. Against a Wimbledon side with two of their first team!
Goalie MOM, LOL
Full time Pompey 1 Wimbledon 1

Match decided on penalties and Pompey win 3-1.
(01-11-2022, 09:34 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Goalie MOM, LOL

And deserved, especially for those very good penalty saves. 

I wouldn’t say anyone else came out with any credit for that second half performance. Even Ogilvie was a bit shaky.

Freeman was dire and Dale wasn’t much better, second half.
True, but he was given it before that. My lol was because our goalie is given MOM in a home game against a reserve Div 2 team. Doesn't say much for the rest of the team.
Freeman doing his best to remind us why he's nowhere near the 1st XI
(01-11-2022, 10:54 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]True, but he was given it before that. My lol was because our goalie is given MOM in a home game against a reserve Div 2 team. Doesn't say much for the rest of the team.

S’ok, I realised your take on it and, yes, it says everything when a goalkeeper was MOM. Actually, until the pens, he hadn’t done anything exceptional. Very competent though.
(02-11-2022, 12:23 AM)Pedalo_mendersplayed for ages Wrote: [ -> ]Freeman doing his best to remind us why he's nowhere near the 1st XI

There's nothing like giving him a break for not having played for ages. Tunnicliffe took a couple of games to get into the groove.
The main thing is we went through & chance to generate some more income.

It also gives the fringe players a game & a chance to build up match fitness.
(02-11-2022, 08:37 AM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]The main thing is we went through & chance to generate some more income.

It also gives the fringe players a game & a chance to build up match fitness.

Have you seen the income from this competition? Not worth talking about unless you get to the final.
Which we have done twice in the last three years
(02-11-2022, 01:39 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Which we have done twice in the last three years

And failed to get promotion.
True, but that’s another story
Pages: 1 2