TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Mindset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Watching last evenings game on 'I-Follow' when the pxss poor "Replays" didn't interfere there was one significant theme that kept recurring.

The massive motivation inspiring the WHOLE of the Wimbledon team - to run tirelessly, to create good chances , and force a more senior Pompey side into bloody awful mistakes and shocking errors. Wimbledon played consistently well, and once we went ahead our game plan, aggression and will to compete dropped like a stone. Perhaps these 'squad' players in the Dons team were playing for a place in their FA cup game at Weymouth ? - but whatever it was, please DC take some of that to Hereford on Friday night. 

We do NOT want to sit watching BBC2 racked with Anxiety and embarrassment, knowing that some near neighbours will be soaking it up !

There seems no doubt that Danny C will produce a strong team for Friday, and they should need little motivation to work together to get a good victory - representative of our league position - our history, and for our fans. 

Who knows two wins and we could be lucky enough to find ourselves in the third round with a tie that would guarantee a massive income boost as we approach the January transfer window. Certainly a long way off - but a confidence boosting win on Friday could do wonders for our season on every front. PUP
Good points. The second half last was embarrassing.
I don’t think the changes helped but then we have a threadbare squad and those players will need to be fresh for Friday.
I find Danny to be toxically positive at times.

I would not be surprised if a few players have got fed up with it.

I am sure not being able to lift the players is hurting him at the moment.

This is a learnable and impressionable period for the Cowleys - can they do it when it's their lot and the sun isn't shining?

A couple of wins will lift the mood.
(02-11-2022, 02:26 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I find Danny to be toxically positive at times.

I would not be surprised if a few players have got fed up with it.

I am sure not being able to lift the players is hurting him at the moment.

This is a learnable and impressionable period for the Cowleys - can they do it when it's their lot and the sun isn't shining?

A couple of wins will lift the mood.

We seem to go through long periods like this, going a goal behind, starting games slowly, players looking like they don’t know what to do.
"We seem to go through long periods like this, going a goal behind, starting games slowly, players looking like they don’t know what to do!

Perhaps Pompeyg 100 the last NINE words of your response are the most telling!

BUT, I do sincerely believe we may "start again " if we just manage to have a good win Friday evening, and then have a full week to plan for sunny Morecombe!
(02-11-2022, 02:44 PM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]"We seem to go through long periods like this, going a goal behind, starting games slowly, players looking like they don’t know what to do!

Perhaps Pompeyg 100 the last NINE words of your response are the most telling!

BUT, I do sincerely believe we may "start again " if we just manage to have a good win Friday evening, and then have a full week to plan for sunny Morecombe!

I remember believing it last season too.
Do the players believe in what they are being asked to do. 4 home draws on the spin reflects directly with the promotion side (although those were nil nils from memory) before the rumoured (?) player revolt leading to being let off the leash and some proper attacking football.