TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Black armbands on Friday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Non-league hero, Ronnie Radford has died.
RIP Ronnie. What a goal!
Even better when you consider they were playing on a ploughed field
(02-11-2022, 04:47 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]And Mott The Hoople:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqK7TEOdO6k

...and snorkel parkas!
And my mum 3 yrs ago Sad
Sorry to hear that Bluetag. My dad died three years ago next week, goes quickly doesn't it. He wasn't in great shape and I'm glad he was able to have a proper funeral, a few months later and that wouldn't have been possible.
Wow!

Just watched the youtube 15 minutes of highlights of that game.

Real football, played on a proper football pitch!

Surprised at the quality of football played in those conditions, the attacking intensity and no little skill. OK, it was the highlights of a one-off match and most games played in the 1970s lacked such excitement, but hey, it puts the efforts of the modern day pampered professionals to shame.

I was already looking forward to the trip to Edgar Street on Friday. Now, I cannot wait for the game!

I trust and expect all Pompey fans to pay full respects to Ronnie Radford.

RIP mate
I would argue against old games lacking excitement as opposed to the modern fetish with possession based bore fests.
Agree to an extent with your comment Hammie - most games in the 70s did have plenty of excitement - apart from the time-wasting back passing to the keepers!

My point was that most games in that decade lacked the thrilling excitement of that particular Hereford vs Newcastle match.
I go past Edgar St every time we visit the in-laws. Sadly, I won’t be there before Christmas.

I was there for Pompeys last game in Hereford.