TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: So, how was it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can’t comment because I didn’t see it.

Any match reports, player ratings?
(05-11-2022, 09:03 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Can’t comment because I didn’t see it.

My very brief ratings, but only from watching it on TV  ..... 
Griffiths  7 Nothing to do 
Swanspn 6 Back to looking like a kid being allowed to play with the bigger boys 
Ragget 7 Terrible hospital pass to Hackett for their goal, but otherwise sound 
Robertson 8 MOTM ... a rolls royce at the back and provided both corners we scored from
Ogilvie 6 Not as his best, but no mistakes
Mingi 6 Stupidly booked early on again, couple of nice turns but had no real influence on the game
Tunnicliffe 6 Played too safe all game, and did it too slowly - but at least had lots of the ball
Curtis 6 Injured his ankle and shouldhave gone off then because he did not look bothered after that. Headed the ball across for Hackett's goal 
Hackett 7 Caught naively in possession for their goal (why was he back there?) but caught the eye of the commentators who were waxing lyrical about his skills and absolving him from blame for the goal, blaming Raggett for the pass and not getting back. He did look bright and motivated though. 
Koroma 5  Provided little and didn't look like he wanted to be there. Needs to work on his body language. 
Bishop 8 - led the line well , scored a very good goal and an assist. A good day at the office and came across well in the post match interview too. 

subs
Lowery 7 speeded everything up in midfield the moment he came on, great to see him back. 
Pigott 7 finished his goal well and linked up with Bishop on a couple of occasions. 
Hume not on long enough to count. 

All in all a good professional second half performance after a dreadful first half. At half time defeat looked a very real possibility.
Cheers, Deep.
I’d agree with that except Raggett was a 6 IMO. I really don’t know what Koroma offers, I’d get rid in January if we can. I thought our passing and retention in the first half was woeful. Without our midfield key players Lowrey,Pack and Thompson we are a decidedly average team.
Piggott scoring was probably a massively important little part of the game, we need him pushing for a start.
(05-11-2022, 09:44 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-11-2022, 09:03 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Can’t comment because I didn’t see it.

Robertson 8 MOTM ... a rolls royce at the back and provided both corners we scored from
Mingi 6 Stupidly booked early on again, couple of nice turns but had no real influence on the game
Tunnicliffe 6 Played too safe all game, and did it too slowly - but at least had lots of the ball
Curtis 6 Injured his ankle and shouldhave gone off then because he did not look bothered after that. Headed the ball across for Hackett's goal 
Hackett 7 Caught naively in possession for their goal (why was he back there?) but caught the eye of the commentators who were waxing lyrical about his skills and absolving him from blame for the goal, blaming Raggett for the pass and not getting back. He did look bright and motivated though. 
Koroma 5  Provided little and didn't look like he wanted to be there. Needs to work on his body language. 
Bishop 8 - led the line well , scored a very good goal and an assist. A good day at the office and came across well in the post match interview too. 

subs
Lowery 7 speeded everything up in midfield the moment he came on, great to see him back. 
Pigott 7 finished his goal well and linked up with Bishop on a couple of occasions. 

All in all a good professional second half performance after a dreadful first half. At half time defeat looked a very real possibility.

Agree with most of that, but I thought Swanson was OK. Certainly did more attacking than we've seen on either wing from a FB for many months.
(05-11-2022, 05:53 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-11-2022, 09:44 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

subs

Agree with most of that, but I thought Swanson was OK. Certainly did more attacking than we've seen on either wing from a FB for many months.

I think Swanson will develop into a very good player. 
Last night I thought he was too often not prepared to get forward far enough to get a cross in until the last 30 minutes when Lowery came on. Until then he kept playing it inside to Tunnicliffe. However, I wish DC had brought him into the team earlier when Rafferty got injured as he is starting cpme on nicely.
I’ve said it before, he is the most curious of signings. On Arsenals bench and yet he gets sold to a league one team!
Obviously, they thought he had talent but you’d kind of expect him to be a little better than league one.
For me, he’s improving with every game (although I didn’t see him last night). I’d be quite happy if he improves to the point where we never see Rafferty play again. I say that as someone who really rates Rafferty.
passing it short from the back is almost certainly following managers' directions.
He seems a more than decent young player to me.
Mingi has a lot to learn but in a harder position perhaps.
Reeko can show him the way as he has improved hugely from a year ago at MK
(05-11-2022, 07:28 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve said it before, he is the most curious of signings. On Arsenals bench and yet he gets sold to a league one team!
Obviously, they thought he had talent but you’d kind of expect him to be a little better than league one.
For me, he’s improving with every game (although I didn’t see him last night). I’d be quite happy if he improves to the point where we never see Rafferty play again. I say that as someone who really rates Rafferty.

It's easy to forget that swanson has only started games in the last month. I think he has massive potential. I thought lowery was the highlight in the same way krappikliff is the lowlight. Great to see him back.

I'd like to see korma as a striker. He looks like a player who doesn't want to play on the midfield.