TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: January window
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Get rid of Jacobs and Tunnicliffe, if poss.

Who do we want, what do we need?
(05-11-2022, 07:39 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Get rid of Jacobs and Tunnicliffe, if poss.

Who do we want, what do we need?

Fine but who can we afford more to the point?
Get rid of Koroma. I wouldn’t be particularly sad to see Scarlett go tbh, I’d like to see him have a rest and come off the bench for a while and see what he does but current form I’m not fussed.
We need a RB, another rt winger and a left winger. Probably another keeper if DC is going to loan Oli out.
(05-11-2022, 09:14 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]We need a RB, another rt winger and a left winger. Probably another keeper if DC is going to loan Oli out.

We need a right back and a left winger if koroma doesn't come good. But I'm happy with Dale as right wing with Hackett as backup. Not sure you'll find better than that in the notoriously poor pickings of the January market.
Would rather keep powder dry for summer if we are 12-15 points off autos
tunnicliffe has shown he is a more than useful back up for the way we want to play
The left wing is the problem, it will be interesting to see if Hume makes a difference if he plays as left back at any stage. At home especially we need to threaten defensive set ups from more than one direction. A bit of pace up front would be handy too but only if we are prepared to put it over the top from time to time.
(05-11-2022, 10:58 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Would rather keep powder dry for summer if we are 12-15 points off autos

Perhaps, give the new manager the money to build his own team.
Tunnicliffe….. are you fcuking kidding, the fact that he needs to constantly pass it backwards to Raggett shows his limit as a footballer.
1 decent pass in all the time he has played this season is a complete waste of the thousands he gets paid every week.
Raggett starting an attack compared to a midfielder is madness.
You sir and many others are so easily pleased with this nonsense is the reason why we won’t get anywhere and keep getting embarrassed by minnow clubs with astute players and managers.
Sryup, do you really think we would get more if as fans we demanded more?

Have you seen who owns us?
(06-11-2022, 10:33 AM)TheSyrup Wrote: [ -> ]Tunnicliffe….. are you fcuking kidding, the fact that he needs to constantly pass it backwards to Raggett shows his limit as a footballer.
1 decent pass in all the time he has played this season is a complete waste of the thousands he gets paid every week.
Raggett starting an attack compared to a midfielder is madness.
You sir and many others are so easily pleased with this nonsense is the reason why we won’t get anywhere and keep getting embarrassed by minnow clubs with astute players and managers.

An ownership willing to invest in half a team of “championship” quality players might be a step in the right direction. All the time we are picking through the cast offs everyone else is raking through we ain’t going anywhere. Watching the first half of that cup game brought two things to mind, one, just how bang average some of players are and, two, at this rate I will be dead and gone before we are ever likely to see another quality team at Fratton. But hey, that is our lot so on we go.
(05-11-2022, 10:01 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-11-2022, 09:14 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]We need a RB, another rt winger and a left winger. Probably another keeper if DC is going to loan Oli out.

We need a right back and a left winger if koroma doesn't come good. But I'm happy with Dale as right wing with Hackett as backup. Not sure you'll find better than that in the notoriously poor pickings of the January market.

I was quite impressed with Josh Key - Exeter City. Looked very accomplished in the Devon Derby. Good all round game, tackling, passing, very quick.
I was impressed with Forest Greens rt back Bernard. Lots of wing play and over-lapping albeit against South Shields
Let's try to get both Carter & Hirst back on loan.

Checking out Blackburn both are Not playing much.

DC got the best out of Hirst 2nd half of last season & Carter looked very classy at our level.

Worth making an enquiry & sure DC is watching the situation.
(06-11-2022, 01:38 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Let's try to get both Carter & Hirst back on loan.

DC got the best out of Hirst 2nd half of last season & Carter looked very classy at our level.

What are you talking about ?   Carter has played in all 5 of their games in October, admittedly some as sub. 

Hirst may be more of a possibility if they returned him to Leicester, but I see no reason why they would want to do that when they are doing so well.  But I'm not sure we need him having signed Bishop & Scarlett & Pigott, and in any case we have no loan spots available in the team. Only if Scarlett got recalled would I see Hirst being a possibility.
Having Hirst back is a ridiculously sentimental call in my view. We have better than him and we have holes in the squad that need fixing elsewhere.
We need our own GK, 2 CB's, a RB, 2 attacking midfielders. That'll do for starters :-)
(06-11-2022, 01:29 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I was impressed with Forest Greens rt back Bernard. Lots of wing play and over-lapping albeit against South Shields

Against South Shields…….
Hirst?! No thanks, stick with what we’ve got, he’ll only start scoring in April.
(06-11-2022, 01:29 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I was impressed with Forest Greens rt back Bernard. Lots of wing play and over-lapping albeit against South Shields

I think the player who impressed you was more likely O'Keeffe, he was the wing back type player who got forward so well and sent in some great crosses. Bernard was playing right centre back in the back three.
(06-11-2022, 03:43 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2022, 01:38 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Let's try to get both Carter & Hirst back on loan.

What are you talking about ?   Carter has played in all 5 of their games in October, admittedly some as sub. 

Hirst may be more of a possibility if they returned him to Leicester, but I see no reason why they would want to do that when they are doing so well.  But I'm not sure we need him having signed Bishop & Scarlett & Pigott, and in any case we have no loan spots available in the team. Only if Scarlett got recalled would I see Hirst being a possibility.

Hayden Carter - Blackburn Rovers | Player Profile | Sky Sports Football
(06-11-2022, 07:14 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Against South Shields…….
That’s what I said.
(06-11-2022, 08:20 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

I think the player who impressed you was more likely O'Keeffe, he was the wing back type player who got forward so well and sent in some great crosses. Bernard was playing right centre back in the back three.

May have been
(06-11-2022, 10:10 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2022, 03:43 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Hayden Carter - Blackburn Rovers | Player Profile | Sky Sports Football
Or Harry McKirdy (ex Swindon) from Hibs. He’s not playing much either and you said he was good.
Need some players who don't just do their bit. It's all a bit, I've got the ball, I've shunted it on towards a blue shirt, phew, I've done my bit. Your turn now.
Pages: 1 2