TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Leam Richardson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sacked by Wigan Athletic.
How ridiculous, they get promoted, the Al Fahim doppleganger gives Richardson £0 to spend in the summer.

Is it surprising that they are in the relegation zone.
Plus the players never know when they are going to be paid.
Could be the next Luton manager.
Ha, yes. Complete joke of an organisation. Can't even pay wages on time but sack their overachieving manager. Not a clue.
Only signed a new 3-yr deal a fortnight ago apparently.

A nice little payout I suppose.
Would love him back here
Lunacy by Wigan, potless so doubt he will get the payoff, but he won't be out of work for long.
(10-11-2022, 11:32 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Would love him back here

If we had a vacancy he would be a serious candidate, but I suspect not popular with many because the cook/richardson style of play was not popular here, despite its success.
(10-11-2022, 11:20 AM)2_Kuhl Wrote: [ -> ]Only signed a new 3-yr deal a fortnight ago apparently.

A nice little payout I suppose.

I wonder if the coonts inserted a clause to remove any payout.
(10-11-2022, 01:48 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

If we had a vacancy he would be a serious candidate, but I suspect not popular with many because the cook/richardson style of play was not popular here, despite its success.

I’d sack DC now if we could get him in. DC’s football is far from entertaining again so I don’t think that would be an issue.

I’d have any style of winning football, that’s what counts.
(10-11-2022, 02:32 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-11-2022, 01:48 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

I’d sack DC now if we could get him in. DC’s football is far from entertaining again so I don’t think that would be an issue.

I’d have any style of winning football, that’s what counts.
I like the cowleys but rob Edwards also out of a job and our new director of football would have that lined up!
On balance I'd rather stick with DC - more experienced and doing a decent job IMO.  Throwing his efforts away mid-project and starting again from scratch would set us back a year or two IMO. 

But I do rate Richardson as one of the better up and coming managers out there.
I’m not convinced the project is going to end well and we have a good squad of players that should be getting promoted.

Even if we do get promoted we are almost back to square one anyway as there isn’t a lot of players that I can see keeping us in the championship.
Do you honestly think that Eisner is prepared to pay a Championship wage bill??
Been working in Warrington this year and seen Wigan play several times. I think Richardson is a good manager who plays individuals in their best position to a system that players understand. Sacked because he could n't strengthen a team not really good enough for the Championship (Will Keane apart). When we go up there will need to be some significant investment if we are to survive at the next level.
(10-11-2022, 03:52 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]Do you honestly think that Eisner is prepared to pay a Championship wage bill??

Yes I’m not in to silly conspiracy theories.
If they were prepared to pay what was needed for signings and wages we would have made offers which could not have been refused in 2019/20 and won the league.

But no, the obsession with Moneyball was too great.

I do wish the board would learn that the only stats worth anything are points won and goals scored.
(10-11-2022, 04:27 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-11-2022, 03:52 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]Do you honestly think that Eisner is prepared to pay a Championship wage bill??

To be fair, Wigan aren't prepared to pay the wages either  Tongue
(10-11-2022, 05:35 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-11-2022, 04:27 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

To be fair, Wigan aren't prepared to pay the wages either  Tongue

I think it’s more of a case that they can’t pay the wages!
Have they got an Al Mirage owner?
Tow-el Amhead or something or rather is their guy, does a lot of Twatter

The simple answer to that is No. I've stated before if by some miracle we do get promoted whenever, ME will look to sell the club.

The price will be much higher so he will get a much better return on his low investment.
Tornante invested in the Ducks for CapEx. Why would they abandon that strategy for Pompey?

They are constantly accused of not understanding football but I would suggest it is us that don't understand them.

This isn't sport to these guys, it's real estate.
(12-11-2022, 05:23 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Tornante invested in the Ducks for CapEx. Why would they abandon that strategy for Pompey?

They are constantly accused of not understanding football but I would suggest it is us that don't understand them.

This isn't sport to these guys, it's real estate.

Maybe it's us fans who don't understand how to run a sustainable business.  Or maybe alternating between The Premiership and administration with someone else's money is just more exciting?
Pages: 1 2