TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Morecombe predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Their fans seem pretty convinced we’ll walk it. 

I’d like to think they’re right but we all know how tough it’s been without our preferred midfield.

It was great to have Tom Lowery back on the pitch. Get Marlon back with him and we might just get to prove Morecombe fans correct.

0-3 (if we get injury’s out of the way).
2.0 to Pompey
Christ knows tbh, depends on who is fit and who he plays where as well as if we are going to play from the whistle or wait to wake up.

Hopefully will be 2-0, should be.
1-0 away win. We are makeshift at the moment but evenso, we should have enough to get past football genius Derek's men.
1-1.

We just aren't playing well enough, and Morecambe have taken points off some of the fancied sides this season.
I'll go 2-0 with first choice midfield. 1-1 if its Tunni & Mingi.
We don't seem to keep clean sheets, always give the opposition a nice chance as we mess up playing out from the back.
So hopefully 2:1 to us as we do have a decent attacking threat.
(11-11-2022, 09:54 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]We don't seem to keep clean sheets, always give the opposition a nice chance as we mess up playing out from the back.
So hopefully 2:1 to us as we do have a decent attacking threat.

I agree with that Hammie.  It depends on how many fit midfielders we have. 4 to 1 on Morecambe does seem generous though as they’ve had some good results. We need to be beating these ‘minnows’ if we’re gonna mount a serious challenge. I’ll go for a 3-2 win. PUP
It depends on our midfield pack and lowery 0-2 mingi and tunni 1-1
It shouldn't 'depend on' anything today. If we are serious about a top six finish, anything less than three points is unacceptable.
It shouldn’t but it obviously does. Tunni tries hard but isn’t Lowery. Mingi’s inexperienced. Pack isn’t.
Draw.
(12-11-2022, 07:33 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]It shouldn’t but it obviously does. Tunni tries hard but isn’t Lowery. Mingi’s inexperienced. Pack isn’t.

The side that finished against Hereford - all available - should beat Morecombe. And if, as expected, we have Pack back and, to much lesser degree, Morrell, I can't see any reason to doubt.
No excuses.
It's the sort of game we would need to win if we were serious and as already stated, Morecambe can take points off the runners. Score draw
(12-11-2022, 11:16 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2022, 07:33 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]It shouldn’t but it obviously does. Tunni tries hard but isn’t Lowery. Mingi’s inexperienced. Pack isn’t.

The side that finished against Hereford - all available - should beat Morecombe. And if, as expected, we have Pack back and, to much lesser degree, Morrell, I can't see any reason to doubt.
No excuses.

Unfortunately, our non-scoring centre-forward Scarlett is likely to be back.
I can just about tolerate a lack of goals if he is contributing but I don’t think he has a single assist for us.
Tends to be a bit selfish near goal - probably an attribute in the long run
He's still young & inexperienced. The main reason he's out on loan & supposedly on £10K per wk read somewhere.
But if not doing it by H.T. sub with Piggot on who is hungry & will score goals.
And he played the whole game and our only goal threat went off.
Should have seen that coming .... we have never won at Morecambe and they've never won at Fratton.
Called it