TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Matt Ritchie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Newcastle will allow him to leave in a cut price deal! Would he want to come back enough to take a big pay cut. As a Pompey lad it’s got to be a dream to play for your club!! Pack got to get on the phone to him!
A pipe dream I feel. Hope I'm wrong though!
(11-11-2022, 06:38 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Newcastle will allow him to leave in a cut price deal! Would he want to come back enough to take a big pay cut. As a Pompey lad it’s got to be a dream to play for your club!! Pack got to get on the phone to him!

Could get him on loan ,if Newcastle would pay 90% of his wages  Big Grin
Good suggestion. He's only played 2 games this season - Started 1 Sub came on 1.

Had a mystery injury back in Fenruary it apppears.

33 now but if fully fit should be able to play for another 2 years at least but may feel the Championship is morehis level. But you never know like Pack comming home. He's a Gosport lad.
Unless he's prepared to take a massive pay cut and this would probably be his last club I can't see it happening,I'd love it to happen but I doubt it.
Out of our league (literally). A championship or Prem club will snap him up. Far too good to be faffing around in L1.
(11-11-2022, 10:52 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Unless he's prepared to take a massive pay cut and this would probably be his last club I can't see it happening,I'd love it to happen but I doubt it.

Is being his last club might be the thing that swings it through and might not do it for the money. Probably wishful thinking
He's not coming to league one ffs
He earns £2.3 million a year basic.

How many Milton end refurbs can we get for that?
The only thing thst makes it possible is that he has said he would love to come here, and at 33 he is not going to get many more chances.  

But asking him to drop to 10% of his wages must surely count it out.
[quote="DeepBlue" pid='43431' dateline='1668245718']
The only thing thst makes it possible is that he has said he would love to come here,

That doesn’t make it possible.

Anyway based on their MO even if he was affordable the Cowleys are more likely to spend money on young players.
Not necessarily, they brought in Shaun Williams
(12-11-2022, 01:17 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Not necessarily, they brought in Shaun Williams

And Morrison! I’d be sending koroma off if we can get Ritchie back on loan. He can last 4 months on minimum wage!!
(12-11-2022, 09:31 AM)Ain’t got a Danny Wrote: [ -> ]He earns £2.3 million a year basic.

How many Milton end refurbs can we get for that?
Approximately one, maybe one and a half.
Let's just pretend for a moment that Richie would play for us for 5k per week. There is still the issue of a fee, which we wouldn't pay. In addition to having a track record of passing up on proven talent in favour of young unproven players.
(12-11-2022, 03:39 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Let's just pretend for a moment that Richie would play for us for 5k per week. There is still the issue of a fee, which we wouldn't pay. In addition to having a track record of passing up on proven talent in favour of young unproven players.

I doubt there would be a loan fee.
(12-11-2022, 03:39 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Let's just pretend for a moment that Richie would play for us for 5k per week. There is still the issue of a fee, which we wouldn't pay. In addition to having a track record of passing up on proven talent in favour of young unproven players.

Loan with Newcastle paying half his wages of £10K may be more palatable for the player.
Can he play up front, in midfield and at the back all at the same time to solve our problems?
(12-11-2022, 05:29 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

Loan with Newcastle paying half his wages of £10K may be more palatable for the player.

Whose £10k wages ?????? 

He'll be on 5 times that.