TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Der management
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Clearly not working is it?
Let's say for arguments sake that Bournemouth go mad and appoint Bielsa, forcing Gary O'Neil out.
Gary has already proven he has what it takes to be a great manager.
Who on here wouldn't want him back?
And soon.
Definitely been thinking that myself. No Brainer! If he would be interested.
GON isn’t going to come to us, he’s got a bright future and will get a championship job.
They have signed well, we started like the clappers.

We now have an injury crisis.

Assuming conversion of the games in hand we are within a couple of games of an auto spot.

It's a slump, it's shit, all teams have them.

If we lock in the deficit and slip to 9 points off then I will call for inspection, but not before.
I have to say, despite everything, I am miserably certain DC is not going to lose his job until end of season.
Sacking DC won't increase Tornante's investment on the team, on the academy and on the physio room. Hire and fire anyone you want to manage but those things won't alter.
(12-11-2022, 05:27 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]They have signed well, we started like the clappers.

We now have an injury crisis.

Assuming conversion of the games in hand we are within a couple of games of an auto spot.

It's a slump, it's shit, all teams have them.

If we lock in the deficit and slip to 9 points off then I will call for inspection, but not before.

Is it a slump that last most of the season like last year?
(12-11-2022, 05:30 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Sacking DC won't increase Tornante's investment on the team, on the academy and on the physio room. Hire and fire anyone you want to manage but those things won't alter.

The team doesn’t need investment, it needs tactics, motivation and a winning mentality.

He’s made some good signings and some awful ones too, he freezes out players for no reason.
Work out how to keep clean sheets (might need a ditching of playing out from the back with players who cannot do it safely)
If we do that then we will finish in the top 6.
(12-11-2022, 07:03 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Work out how to keep clean sheets (might need a ditching of playing out from the back with players who cannot do it safely)

Like last season? Scoring goals wins football matches.
(12-11-2022, 07:04 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2022, 07:03 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Work out how to keep clean sheets (might need a ditching of playing out from the back with players who cannot do it safely)

We have a better front line than last season, especially if we work out that getting bodies in the box makes a difference to the winger trying to put the ball in.
(12-11-2022, 07:05 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2022, 07:04 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

We have a better front line than last season, especially if we work out that getting bodies in the box makes a difference to the winger trying to put the ball in.

Exactly so why hold us back by constantly playing backwards.
We have to play backwards because the midfield (and particularly the wingers) are not propelling the play as well as they were.

We have a huge injury list that is unmanageable. Is that too difficult to understand?
This started before the midfield injuries. It was when Rafferty got injured and he moved the whole defense around instead of playing Swanson at RB.

The midfield injuries haven’t helped but it’s not ability that is our problem, we start slowly and only get going when we are a goal down, it’s like we invite it so we can then start taking an interest.

Why is Koroma still starting?
I think we start slowly because we do not have the energy to keep pressing for the full 90 mins. We did have the players to bring on, to continue pressing but that is no longer the case.

As to Swanson being the answer, he’s still young and inexperienced. Although he has improved since he has come into the side, he still isn’t there yet.

Rafferty was a huge loss and I found it unbelievable that there was still someone who felt able to criticise him early on in the season. Any guesses as to who that was?