TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: All happy then?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Surely we deserve better?
I would say for sure those that made the 600 mile round trip deserve better. Sat in the comfort of home I would say I feel I expect better.
Don’t deserve any better than Morecombe fans. They’re in league 1 too.
I'd agree with the manager, we have no god given right. Harry put it, "we're not F'in Man Utd"
In the playoff positions likely to stay there and far from our first choice team for weeks.
If you travel to watch Pompey much past Watford you know what to expect most weeks and most seasons!
(12-11-2022, 07:01 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I'd agree with the manager, we have no god given right. Harry put it, "we're not F'in Man Utd"
In the playoff positions likely to stay there and far from our first choice team for weeks.
If you travel to watch Pompey much past Watford you know what to expect most weeks and most seasons!

We are the equivalent of a Man U in this league though. Morecambe are down the bottom because they are shit and we played worse than them today, that’s how bad we are. We’re on our way of the playoffs.
Ipswich managed not to thrash another minnow.
No guarantees in this league, its tough.
(12-11-2022, 07:03 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2022, 07:01 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I'd agree with the manager, we have no god given right. Harry put it, "we're not F'in Man Utd"

We are the equivalent of a Man U in this league though. Morecambe are down the bottom because they are shit and we played worse than them today, that’s how bad we are. We’re on our way of the playoffs.

Are we ?  

This league is full of teams whose fans all think they have a divine right to be in the championship (or even higher) ... Sheff Wed, Derby, Ipswich, Bolton, Charlton, Barnsley before you get to the likes of Plymouth, Peterbrough, and Oxford all with recent pedigree at that level.  Only three of them can go up this year and that can still include us. 

We are essentially a ten year old start up club in comparision, albeit with a previous history matching or beating many of those clubs, and we are doing OK in that context and are still well placed for a challenge in the second half of the season if we can recover the form we showed in August & September.  

And I'm not quite sure why the bedwetters are out in such force after an away draw at a ground we have never won on. I wonder if Derby fans went into meltdown and turned on their manager after they got the same result there a month ago.
(12-11-2022, 07:04 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Ipswich managed not to thrash another minnow.
No guarantees in this league, its tough.

They had 30 shots though and didn’t play like utter dog shit.
(12-11-2022, 07:45 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Are we ?  

This league is full of teams whose fans all think they have a divine right to be in the championship (or even higher) ... Sheff Wed, Derby, Ipswich, Bolton, Charlton, Barnsley before you get to the likes of Plymouth, Peterbrough, and Oxford all with recent pedigree at that level.  Only three of them can go up this year and that can still include us. 

We are essentially a ten year old start up club in comparision, albeit with a previous history matching or beating many of those clubs, and we are doing OK in that context and are still well placed for a challenge in the second half of the season if we can recover the form we showed in August & September.  

And I'm not quite sure why the bedwetters are out in such force after an away draw at a ground we have never won on. I wonder if Derby fans went into meltdown and turned on their manager after they got the same result there a month ago.

Did you watch that shit?  No obviously you didn’t. Past results mean nothing DB, surely you understand that?
The thing is Morecambe could and should have scored 5 and we couldn't have complained at all. They missed sitter after sitter and even had three against the keeper and managed to fv ck it up. Dale and Koroma very frustrating and even Ogilvie wasn't really on it. Robertson probably MOM till he got crocked. Doesn't bode well if Morrison has to come back in as he's also prone to cock ups. A positive was Pack was back and playing well.

Are we ?  

What matters that we’ve never won at that ground , what a stupid comment 
Not on brand but I think we are closer to Morecambe than we are to Derby. Take away the fans and the players and fucking look at us ffs
‘What matters that we’ve never won at that ground , what a stupid comment’

An interesting comment. Is that what Deep said?
All, happy, yh. Tough spell, what with injuries etc, but not lost in 5 league games, despite setbacks still very hard to beat and still in play-off places. Yh, happy.
(12-11-2022, 09:18 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]All, happy, yh. Tough spell, what with injuries etc, but not lost in 5 league games, despite setbacks still very hard to beat and still in play-off places. Yh, happy.
You modified it to that, Zoo???

Chuckle, what’d it look like before?
(12-11-2022, 09:22 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2022, 09:18 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]All, happy, yh. Tough spell, what with injuries etc, but not lost in 5 league games, despite setbacks still very hard to beat and still in play-off places. Yh, happy.
You modified it to that, Zoo???

Chuckle, what’d it look like before?

Think I adjusted the odd comma, left a bad one  Big Grin

Nah. Realistically, we're this league's equivalent of Spurs. Not current Spurs though. I'm talking typical Spurs.

Are we ?  

The bedwetting are out because the performance was a long long way off where we need to be. Performances are still declining, not improving. There are some major weaknesses in our team that need addressing.
(13-11-2022, 12:07 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]

Are we ?  

The bedwetting are out because the performance was a long long way off where we need to be. Performances are still declining, not improving. There are some major weaknesses in our team that need addressing.
Well put.

So where did it start going wrong, from when we were a bloody good team?
I thought it was a sign of a good team that was picking up points when not playing well.
Im confused!
(13-11-2022, 08:39 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

Are we ?  

Well put.

That's an easy one ... when we lost half the first team squad to injury.   

There's absolutely no reason not to think we can return to that form when we return to that team. 

The definiton of bedwetting is overreacting and panicking because of a few bad results or performances and not looking at the whole picture.   Charlton was awful, yesterday was close to that maybe, but otherwise we are keeping the points ticking over through an injury crisis and that is encouraging. 

If we win our games in hand we are back to 4 points off the automatics.  The time to be worried is when that gap gets to double figures.  Currently we are 11/4 4th favourite for one of the three promotion places ... hardly a time to be throwing in the towel and giving up hope.
(13-11-2022, 10:57 AM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]I thought it was a sign of a good team that was picking up points when not playing well.
Im confused!

Two separate statements there, Tomsky.

I agree with both.  Smile
(13-11-2022, 12:01 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-11-2022, 08:39 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2022, 07:03 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]We are the equivalent of a Man U in this league though. Morecambe are down the bottom because they are shit and we played worse than them today, that’s how bad we are. We’re on our way of the playoffs.

Are we ?  

Well put.

That's an easy one ... when we lost half the first team squad to injury.   

There's absolutely no reason not to think we can return to that form when we return to that team. 

The definiton of bedwetting is overreacting and panicking because of a few bad results or performances and not looking at the whole picture.   Charlton was awful, yesterday was close to that maybe, but otherwise we are keeping the points ticking over through an injury crisis and that is encouraging. 

If we win our games in hand we are back to 4 points off the automatics.  The time to be worried is when that gap gets to double figures.  Currently we are 11/4 4th favourite for one of the three promotion places ... hardly a time to be throwing in the towel and giving up hope.

It started before all of the injuries, it started when he refused to play Swanson when Rafferty got injured, we had a full midfield and were playing awful.

Do you remember last season when we said about winning our games I hand?

DC has run out of ideas again.
(12-11-2022, 08:49 PM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]I went to watch Oxford v Port Vale this afternoon. Pretty low quality football throughout tbh. Think our first choice xi beats both of them comfortably.

Until we play them
PG100 "It started before all of the injuries, it started when he refused to play Swanson when Rafferty got injured, we had a full midfield and were playing awful."

LOL ... how can it 'start before the injuries' if it started with Rafferty getting injured (at a time we had already lost Thompson & Jacobs) ??

But you are rewriting history anyway because the first two games without Rafferty were a 2-0 away win and a decent performance in a home draw with Plymouth, so it did not start with losing Rafferty anyway. 

It was the Plymouth game in which we lost Lowery, and Rafferty & Lowery both being out has proved to be the kiiler, more so than any of the many other injurles, although Pack later was equally significant.

Get everyone fit, strengthen the squad's depth in January, and we are well placed for a serious challenge in the business half of the season.  The bedwetters can give up now if they like, but IMO we have every reason to be optimistic about the rest of the season unless more injuries kill us. 
Pages: 1 2