TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Is Cowley losing the fans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Those I speak are starting to lose faith in him , what’s everyone’s opinion
Not quite yet but I do want to know what the fuck is going on with our physios
Lost me before he got the job, he failed his trial, that was enough for me.
Always has a good excuse for Not playing well!
I'll judge him at the end of the season. He's better than Kenny but that's not saying much. I really want him to succeed but I'm not sure he will. I think its really important to back him until the end of the season because there is still everything to play for.

But I wouldn't complain if GaryO was to take the reigns ;-)
(12-11-2022, 10:03 PM)Cowespompey Wrote: [ -> ]Those I speak are starting to lose faith in him , what’s everyone’s opinion

If those you speak to are willing to listen to you, Cowes, I wouldn’t take any notice of them.
I agree 'Slayer' - the Physios.. ? - wrong training/fitness policy ? ; Roko pitches ? ....... WHAT - now becoming a recurring, and VERY worrying theme.
I did not think Cowley was going to be any good for Pompey (seemed a cheap option). 

However, he has brought in some good players over the summer and, until the injuries, Pompey were playing very well and I was actually enjoying games.

Stick to the end of the season.
Going through a dicky run, drawing too many but not disastrous.
Cowley probably is losing some of the fans but likey to be the ones who cry and wet their pants when we're not winning every game convincingly.
(13-11-2022, 12:12 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]But I wouldn't complain if GaryO was to take the reigns ;-)

Is that possibility then?  Huh
(13-11-2022, 12:36 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-11-2022, 12:12 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]But I wouldn't complain if GaryO was to take the reigns ;-)

Is that possibility then?  Huh

After 6 months he would be rubbish...it's what we do
Let's all support Porchester and Pitman ..doing well apparently
Gawd knows what it must be like for fans of the teams below us. They must be suicidal.

Cowley has continuously improved the team and the style of play since he arrived. We are struggling at the moment because we have an unbelievable injury list.
(13-11-2022, 12:59 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Gawd knows what it must be like for fans of the teams below us. They must be suicidal.

Cowley has continuously improved the team and the style of play since he arrived. We are struggling at the moment because we have an unbelievable injury list.

The style of play has not improved, it’s boring sideways and back to the keeper football. The number of teams below us is going to keep getting smaller. It’s not just about league position, which I’m sure you do understand.

Will you be happy playing L1 again next season?
Cook was in danger of losing the fans when we went 4 nil nils in a row at home (or something like from memory) then the players kicked the sideways football into touch and the rest is history as they say.
It was fine at the start of the season, when we had a full squad. It’ll be fine again when they’re all back.

I really don’t mind what division we’re in next season. As long as we are able to play competitive, entertaining football, I’m happy to be in any division.

Having said that, I’ll be disappointed if we don’t make it up with this team. I loved watching us when we had a full squad. I thought we had a chance of winning this league.
(13-11-2022, 03:53 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]It was fine at the start of the season, when we had a full squad. It’ll be fine again when they’re all back.

I really don’t mind what division we’re in next season. As long as we are able to play competitive, entertaining football, I’m happy to be in any division.

Having said that, I’ll be disappointed if we don’t make it up with this team. I loved watching us when we had a full squad. I thought we had a chance of winning this league.

and I think we all felt we had a better squad. I still think we do, but too many injuries in the same part of the team at the same time are really hitting us hard.
Exactly
and we are managing not to lose too many in the mean time. Which manager was it said we don't draw enough games?
I’d be happy with a few clean sheets (in more ways than one, after seeing the comments on here).
(12-11-2022, 10:03 PM)Cowespompey Wrote: [ -> ]Those I speak are starting to lose faith in him , what’s everyone’s opinion

Last year, we were a poor team that did well to finish 10th. So being 5th, with just two defeats  (of which one was against moneybags ipswich). That's an improvement considering how tight the budget is permanently here.

The sideways football has returned because we're now forced to turn to krap like krappicliffe because we just don't have a strong enough depth to our squad and enough players who have creativity). So the eisners have a choice in January- invest or hope for the best. We have a core 11 that are more than capable but they were never all going to manage all 46 games.

Mind you, if you've already ruled out the manager before a balls been kicked then the cowleys don't stand a chance and you're only happy when we're gash..
(13-11-2022, 05:08 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]

Last year, we were a poor team that did well to finish 10th. So being 5th, with just two defeats  (of which one was against moneybags ipswich). That's an improvement considering how tight the budget is permanently here.

The sideways football has returned because we're now forced to turn to krap like krappicliffe because we just don't have a strong enough depth to our squad and enough players who have creativity). So the eisners have a choice in January- invest or hope for the best. We have a core 11 that are more than capable but they were never all going to manage all 46 games.

Mind you, if you've already ruled out the manager before a balls been kicked then the cowleys don't stand a chance and you're only happy when we're gash..

They didn’t do well to to finish 10th, we should have finished in the playoffs but played too many square pegs in round holes and started games slowly.

I’m angry when we turn in performances like yesterday.

I’ve still seen nothing from DC that makes me think he can get us promoted. He’s either too stubborn to change things or has no plan b.
I never rated Cowley from day one. I had a season ticket for 15 years but gave it up this year because it was obvious there was nothing more than mediocracy to expect this season. Jackett had to go but at least I felt some optimism with him at the reins, until the last few months. Never felt that with Cowley at all.
We are physically and mentally weak and although we have some decent players, they are nowhere near tough enough to be able to dig in and battle.
To get out of this league, we need players with the mentality like Mick Tait, Kennedy , Blake, Gilbert etc and a manager who is able to deal with Shithousery and return it with interest.
I like Cowleys demeanour and passion but he will never get us out of this league. 
Horses for courses and Cowley is not for us.
(13-11-2022, 06:35 PM)PompeyDB Wrote: [ -> ]I never rated Cowley from day one. I had a season ticket for 15 years but gave it up this year because it was obvious there was nothing more than mediocracy to expect this season. Jackett had to go but at least I felt some optimism with him at the reins, until the last few months. Never felt that with Cowley at all.

Was it obvious up until we played Ipswich then?

Optimism…with Jackett??????
Pages: 1 2