TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Ratings last night
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Griffiths  7  One howler which he got away with, but otherwise very good handling throughout and good distribution  (especially compared to their keeper's which was laughable). Didn't have a shot to save. 
Swanson 7 Looks a much better player with Pack in the team and linked well with him & Dale. Solid defensively but underhit most of his crosses 
Raggett 7 Solid as ever, he is so consistent this season
Robertson 7 Stupid booking but otherwise his usual commanding self, and his free kick delivery is so good too. Between them he and Raggs nullified McGoldrick,who looked a class act.  
Ogilvie 7 More his usual self after a poor game last week
Pack 8 MOTM for me, but then he is every week 
Mingi 7 Several bright moments, but did not see as much of the ball as someone playing in that position should. Lucky with the block not being given as handball.
Dale 7 Great first half performance so can see why he got MOTM, but he reverted to being a Ryan Williams type looking good but delivering nothing in the second. Funny how last week he was part of the problem and we need to replace both loan wingers in January, but this week he was so good he is bound to be recalled by Blackpool. I can't see that unless they have got injuries because if he wasn't good enough for them last year he still isn't. 
Scarlett 5 May as well not have been on the pitch in the first half but worked his socks off in the second. But again with no end product. Desperately needs a rest from the starting line up. 
Bishop 7 Got little change from his centre back, or the referee who seemed to have it in for him, but his work ethic is so good and he never gives up trying. Would do so much better if we could cross the ball. 
Koroma 5 Put a bit more effort in this week, and got back well a couple of times, but offered absolutely nothing to the attack and skied a couple of early first half chances. He is not a natural winger and shouldn't be played there any more IMO. 

Subs
Curtis 7 I thought he did very well and added some much needed effort down that flank albeit with little end product. Should have had a shot when he did that surging charge down the middle at high speed, but tried to lay it off at the end. 
Piggott Deseprately needs longer on the pitch, must start next week. 

Overall, a much better performance than recent weeks against a good Derby side, who probably deserve a lot of credit for the way they stopped us creating anything. But I think both teams were guilty of being content with a draw in front of the cameras when both could have won it if they had been a bit more adventurous so it ended a stalemate between two equally balanced and pretty good teams.
from watching on the telly, I think you are little harsh on Scarlett fist half.

To me Dale's problem is that the opposition realise by half time that they can ignore the left side winger so double team on him, either that or he tries to cover too much of the filed in the first half and simply runs out of steam.

and I agree about Curtis
(19-11-2022, 02:03 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]from watching on the telly, I think you are  little harsh on Scarlett fist half.

To me Dale's problem is that the opposition realise by half time that they can ignore the left side winger so double team on him, either that or he tries to cover too much of the filed in the first half and simply runs out of steam.

and I agree about Curtis

Probably the latter.   I'd have said Curtis occupied their defence more than Dale did after he came on.
I thought Curtis made a massive difference when he came on. Made the pitch bigger the koroma
i wonder if we can find a left footer in the squad who could push up (Hume?)
or return Koroma and find a left winger who actually likes going outside?
You gave Dale and Mingji the same mark,were you at the game???
IMO Dale was MOTM by a mile (9),Pack was a solid 8, Mingi a 6.
Koroma was a 4 and that was only for his decent 1st half tackle. Griffiths was a 5 and Robertson an 8. The rest 6.
Cowleys a 4 for not bringing Pigott on earlier (or playing him from the start) and for even considering playing Koroma.
(19-11-2022, 03:42 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]You gave Dale and Mingji the same mark,were you at the game???
IMO Dale was MOTM by a mile (9),Pack was a solid 8, Mingi a 6.
Koroma was a 4 and that was only for his decent 1st half tackle. Griffiths was a 5 and Robertson an 8. The rest 6.
Cowleys a 4 for not bringing Pigott on earlier (or playing him from the start) and for even considering playing Koroma.

I gave a Dale an 8 for his first half and a 6 for his second half. If you were at the game you must surely have noticed his second half was nowhere near as good as his first. 

And Mingi did just enough for a 7 in my book, mainly for keeping going so well for 96 minutes when he usually goes off after an hour but also for his possible goal saving block and our only shot on target near the end - but I can understand some thinking he was just a 6.
Mingi is an interesting case. He's obviously a late developer as he had never played a league game till coming to us last year at the age of 24. He's very quick and is strong in the tackle and has a strong driving run in him but he could learn a helluva lot about positional sense from playing alongside Marlon who is nearly always in the right place and was back to his best yesterday - a Rolls Royce for this league. Mingi could go on to be a very good player for Pompey I feel if the Cowley's can coach him or get their iPads to work well on him!
I was at the game and although Dale 'dropped off' in the second half its probably because he was knackered. He still did more in the 2nd half than Koroma/Curtis & Scarlett combined.
You can't possibly award marks from a tv point of view as it more often than not fails to show the off ball movement etc.
(19-11-2022, 04:52 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Mingi is an interesting case. He's obviously a late developer as he had never played a league game till coming to us last year at the age of 24. He's very quick and is strong in the tackle and has a strong driving run in him but he could learn a helluva lot about positional sense from playing alongside Marlon who is nearly always in the right place and was back to his best yesterday - a Rolls Royce for this league. Mingi could go on to be a very good player for Pompey I feel if the Cowley's can coach him or get their iPads to work well on him!

Mingi is only 22. Born October 2000 so not such a late developer. I like him and agree he looks like a good player in the making. HC has stated how he is trying to build a group of development players  ike Mingi, Swanson, Hume. Unfortunately, injuries have meant we are probably starting them more often than would be hoped.
(19-11-2022, 06:53 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-11-2022, 04:52 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Mingi is an interesting case. He's obviously a late developer as he had never played a league game till coming to us last year at the age of 24. He's very quick and is strong in the tackle and has a strong driving run in him but he could learn a helluva lot about positional sense from playing alongside Marlon who is nearly always in the right place and was back to his best yesterday - a Rolls Royce for this league. Mingi could go on to be a very good player for Pompey I feel if the Cowley's can coach him or get their iPads to work well on him!

Mingi is only 22. Born October 2000 so not such a late developer. I like him and agree he looks like a good player in the making. HC has stated how he is trying to build a group of development players  ike Mingi, Swanson, Hume. Unfortunately, injuries have meant we are probably starting them more often than would be hoped.

probably more than intended but then that usually means a few mid week cup games before christmas and little thereafter. Too little or too much probably.