TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Out of the top six
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Mediocrity catching up with us as Bolton and Barnsley take our place. Next stop: middle of the table..
But Plymouth only drew too so we are no further away from being champions
Keep the faith, Gerry. Thomo and Lowery back as we zoom back into the play-offs after the cups. Dreamland, I know.
(19-11-2022, 05:14 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Keep the faith, Gerry. Thomo and Lowery back as we zoom back into the play-offs after the cups. Dreamland, I know.

we only have to draw one of our games in hand to be back in the play-offs, that's hardly dreamland.
Not as much as your champion dreamland.
If we win our game in hand we’d be 4th
That's a big if, the way things are going! We've won one out of the last nine. I'm still dreaming though, it's what 50 years of supporting Pompey does to you.
(19-11-2022, 05:28 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]If we win our game in hand we’d be 4th

Remember when we would have been top if we win our games in hand?

Soon it will be “if we win our games in hand we’ll be 8th”
(19-11-2022, 05:37 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-11-2022, 05:28 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]If we win our game in hand we’d be 4th

You can give up if you want, but I still think if we can get everyone fit we have as much chance as everyone else in the 29 games of the season left.  

We have only lost twice this season so writing it off in November is premature to say the least ... show some backbone FFS

But we are winning our games are we ,
If we are agreed that we ain't finishing in the top 2
then the best way to win the play offs seems to be do rubbish until late run into 6th, especially get the injuries out the way early and go into the play offs with a fully fit team
(19-11-2022, 06:08 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-11-2022, 05:37 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

You can give up if you want, but I still think if we can get everyone fit we have as much chance as everyone else in the 29 games of the season left.  

We have only lost twice this season so writing it off in November is premature to say the least ... show some backbone FFS

Scarlett isn’t playing because of injuries though is he? The manager is the problem.

Don’t listen to DC, we need wins not draws.
Still plenty of time to change the manager.
I have us down as being 10th on New Year's Day.

I want to get out of this fucking league but we can't do that without goals.

We have the scorers but we aren't feeding them.

I am starting to feel like someone else would get more from this squad.
We aren’t playing the scorers either. 3 goals and 0 assists doesnt get you a start week after week in any team with hopes of getting in the playoffs.
It's a faltering patch but not a terrible patch. Terrible would be a series defeats, and we haven't had any, at all. We're struggling to win but we're fkg hard to beat.

I keep focus on how good things looked before injuries, and if key players come back regularly, I'd be really surprised if we don't finish in the play-offs.
In my book it is irrelevant that we are dropping two points rather than three. You need to win your bankers if you want to be in the play off race.
I suppose at least we kept a clean sheet and we've not had many of those lately.
If Scarlett belonged to us, as an 18 year old, we wouldn't be giving him full games week after week irrespective of performances. So why are we now, when we have a better pairing available?
Unbeaten run cost us the playoffs last season because it was full of draws. It’s only a blip, if we win our games in hand etc, it’s all the same as last season and the end result will be the same too.
(19-11-2022, 10:55 PM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]If Scarlett belonged to us, as an 18 year old, we wouldn't be giving him full games week after week irrespective of performances. So why are we now, when we have a better pairing available?

great point
he'd be on loan at some tiny non league team
Hopefully being out the top six will be the kick up the ass Cowleys need to change it up!
We seem agreed on the problem being lack of goals and chances being created. Problem is, the way we are playing it is difficult to see who might be coming back from injury to make a difference. Thompson and Rafferty will strengthen the defensive side of things, leaving Jacobs, Morrell and Lowery. Out of those, for me, Morrell has been a disappointment since he arrived and Jacobs has his moments but seems fragile and anonymous for long stretches. Lowery seems the only player for me who would make a difference to the goals factor. 

Of course, we also have that fella Pigott, a class, proven professional who is not injured but sits on our bench until about the 85th minute. Perhaps the treatment of him over the likes of Scarlett and Koroma tell us that the problem is not with injuries.
We’ve stopped launching crosses into the box it’s almost like we are playing a way for scarlet. I’d rather bishop and piggott up top and flood the box with cross after cross
Apparently Scarlett gives us "intensity and fizz".
Pages: 1 2