TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Olly. Pretty competent. A couple of iffy moments but no heartstoppers and one very good first half save.
Hume. A very positive effort.
Ogilvie. Solid (just put that on repeat)
Morrison. Has to be said, a captain’s performance.
Freeman. Best I’ve seen him play for a while.
Tunnicliffe. Nothing startlingly good or bad
Mingi. Ditto
Curtis. I’m in grave danger of just seeing everything frustrating about him. He just seems a yard off the pace for me.
Dale. So much ability but just picked up from his second half performance against Derby. Too many wrong choices.
Reeco. He looked slow but still managed to be effective at times
Scarlett. Much better and a well taken goal.

Raggett and Robertson. Steadied the ship.
Koroma. Over on the right, he looked far more comfortable and almost threatening. His pass from the left, for Swanson goal, made it easy. A simple thing to do but how many times have we seen the final pass let us down.
Swanson. Interesting choice for midfield. Took his goal well.

Anyone says we have no plan B, they’re talking out of their arse. We saw it tonight!
Agree with much of above Cunning - overall very pleased.

Team spirit WAS very evident and, for most part, defending as a team - good to watch.

A couple of things did stand out - CURTIS , it does seem now that his personal ability/pace is still some way behind his footballing brain. He has great intentions/plan but by the time he negotiates with his body to produce that move - the ball is taken off him - shame, but hopefully it might change.

Also DALE still threatens to be brilliant then, generally, makes the wrong choose. But did set up Swanson nicely.
I heard we fluked it against their u14's
Well there is someone who didn't watch the game, or view the ITFC teamsheet!
Firqdays,wasn’t it Koroma that played Swanson in?
(23-11-2022, 09:11 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Firqdays,wasn’t it Koroma that played Swanson in?

A bit of a tough night for the scarlett/swanson detractors. I'm sure they'll be back soon enough though.
Essentiallymixedup is the only one who berates Swanson
(22-11-2022, 10:11 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Olly. Pretty competent. A couple of iffy moments but no heartstoppers and one very good first half save.
Mingi. Ditto
Curtis. I’m in grave danger of just seeing everything frustrating about him. He just seems a yard off the pace for me.
Dale. So much ability but just picked up from his second half performance against Derby. Too many wrong choices.

Koroma. Over on the right, he looked far more comfortable and almost threatening. His pass from the left, for Swanson goal, made it easy. A simple thing to do but how many times have we seen the final pass let us down.

Anyone says we have no plan B, they’re talking out of their arse. We saw it tonight!

Thanks for that assessment, C. What was the format? Still 442 or did it change?
442 and then wingbacks.
(23-11-2022, 09:44 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-11-2022, 09:11 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Firqdays,wasn’t it Koroma that played Swanson in?

A bit of a tough night for the scarlett/swanson detractors. I'm sure they'll be back soon enough though.

I don't think many people are saying Scarlett's no good Lawrence, just that Bishop and Pigott should be starting together in most league games.
(23-11-2022, 09:02 AM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]I heard we fluked it against their u14's

Both teams 7 changes from the weekend
Freeman had a very good game last night, just saying
So, I vote we keep this team for Satdee
Our makeshift midfield was playing their makeshift midfield. In fact, if you read their forum and take out all the Ipswich references, you’d swear they were talking about us (even down to the médical issues. Harness has just added to their woes with his injury last night).
(23-11-2022, 01:01 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Freeman had a very good game last night, just saying

Not bad at all.
(23-11-2022, 01:12 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]So, I vote we keep this team for Satdee

Are you serious ? 

The reserves win what is effectively a reserve match and you think they should all play in the first team ? 

Leaving out Pack, Raggett, Robertson, Bishop & Griffiths if all fit would be total madness.  Can you imagine the stick DC would get if we did that and lost.
Yes, I am serious.
It's home to MK Dons in a cup match
a bit more cash in the transfer kitty Keep going, keep giving the fringe players proper games
(22-11-2022, 10:11 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Olly. Pretty competent. A couple of iffy moments but no heartstoppers and one very good first half save.
Mingi. Ditto

Sounds  pretty much on the spot from the radio commentary.

To be fair this is the first time we've witnessed his Plan B & had the guts to change formation.

Would like to see Hume & Swanson as the Wingbacks though.
(23-11-2022, 05:08 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]a bit more cash in the transfer kitty Keep going, keep giving the fringe players proper games

Definitely! We need both Cup Runs to keep going for as long as posible with the famed EWK policy from the owners.

But think they should back DC in the January Window & at least match the final amount in the Kitty.
(23-11-2022, 05:04 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]So, I vote we keep this team for Satdee        

Yes, I am serious.

Sorry Isaac but unless Blackpool and Spurs have a change of mind (which I can't see happening) Dale and Scarlett won't be allowed to play. I imagine Pigott will replace Scarlett for starters.
(23-11-2022, 05:34 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-11-2022, 05:04 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]So, I vote we keep this team for Satdee        

Yes, I am serious.

Sorry Isaac but unless Blackpool and Spurs have a change of mind Dale and Scarlett won't be allowed to play. I imagine Pigott will replace Scarlett for starters.

At least Pigott will finally get a start!
Yes I hope so Mikey
He's had 8 starts. 

Admittedly only 3 in the league.
(23-11-2022, 05:49 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]He's had 8 starts. 

Admittedly only 3 in the league.

Which is the important part of the season.
Pages: 1 2