TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: It's FA Cup weekend !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Perk it up/lighten up  Boys and Girls it's FA cup weekend.

I still love it for what it was .... AND the chance for all those on this board , excepting a few non TRUE BLUE ARMY triers, ( where are you TBA ? )  to have the expectation/devastation/  ... YES ...YES....  we will smash the ( use own expletive) when we all ( hopefully watch the THIRD round draw, including the special PFC ball. on Monday evening.

That is all being well of course that Danny's boys do the business against MKD, and elevate us to the potential of reaping those big bucks for a televised 90 minutes.
(25-11-2022, 04:36 PM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Perk it up/lighten up  Boys and Girls it's FA cup weekend.

I still love it for what it was .... AND the chance for all those on this board , excepting a few non TRUE BLUE ARMY triers, ( where are you TBA ? )  to have the expectation/devastation/  ... YES ...YES....  we will smash the ( use own expletive) when we all ( hopefully watch the THIRD round draw, including the special PFC ball. on Monday evening.

That is all being well of course that Danny's boys do the business against MKD, and elevate us to the potential of reaping those big bucks for a televised 90 minutes.

I'm going with grandchildren. A chance to sit in the Fratton End.
Get down their and support OUR heritage!
Cup games are far more exciting than league games. I think Pompey fans more than most love the fa Cup.

I want to win this game and then Do spurs 2-0 in the 3rd round.
I'd rather do Spurs 2-0 in the semi-final.
spurs away would be very nice indeed
I’d rather do Spurs in the final!
I’ve a mate who has a couple of very nice seats at Spurs, so I’m all for stuffing them away, in the quarters. 2-0.
How long have you been going firqdays? What's your best FA Cup memory at Fratton?
My best FA cup memories SLAYER are from PFC away days, memories at FP are blistered by thoughts of Chelsea drubbings - ZOLA , Steve Moran last gasp and embarrassing lower league defeats. Probably the earliest would be a floodlight game versus the Posh at home in the early sixties. I vividly remember a crappy pitch, a very tight game, and a devastating last gasp Peterboro' winner at the Fratton end, and I remember the camera flash bulb capturing the moment they scored.
Much better, more recent, memories at Old Trafford 2008, we were on the extreme right very near the Mancs supporters and I kept looking over my shoulder to the digital clock. When the whistle sounded I treated them all to a rendition of "Always look on the bright side of life " .. they didn't look glad !!
Also Shaggies goal at Highbury , but probably the best ( same as most ) the fantastic day in 2010 at Wembley and pouring out singing "Que Sera Sera whatever will be...will be ...."
So, for me, the FA Cup remains special . PUP
(27-11-2022, 10:21 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]My best FA cup memories SLAYER are from PFC away days, memories at FP are blistered by thoughts of Chelsea drubbings - ZOLA , Steve Moran last gasp and embarrassing lower league defeats. Probably the earliest would be a floodlight game versus the Posh at home in the early sixties. I vividly remember a crappy pitch, a very tight game, and a devastating last gasp Peterboro' winner at the Fratton end, and I remember the camera flash bulb capturing the moment they scored.
Much better, more recent, memories at Old Trafford 2008, we were on the extreme right very near the Mancs supporters and I kept looking over my shoulder to the digital clock. When the whistle sounded I treated them all to a rendition of "Always look on the bright side of life " .. they didn't look glad !!
Also Shaggies goal at Highbury , but probably the best ( same as most ) the fantastic day in 2010 at Wembley and pouring out singing "Que Sera Sera whatever will be...will be ...."
So, for me, the FA Cup remains special . PUP

have to agree, most good FA Cup memories are away.
But Nottingham Forest at home leading to the Liverpool semi was pretty special. The absolute racket, no singing just noise as the final whistle approached. 
Apart from Spurs in the league Cup, the first time I saw Pompey actually hold out to beat one of the big teams.
One memorable home win I meant to include, beating the Scousers one nil and Shaka having a worldly performance.

For some reason I was in the upper tier of the North stand - at Milton end - and at the final whistle I recall Linvoy embracing one and all, and not wanting to leave the pitch - Brilliant!
I'll put my bet on now. 2-0 as requested.
Got Stockport v Charlton FA Cup replay on in the background with no real interest, but keep looking up because sure I hear the chimes. Can't be Charlton so must be Stockport. Is that 'Play Up County??'
(07-12-2022, 08:38 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]Got Stockport v Charlton FA Cup replay on in the background with no real interest, but keep looking up because sure I hear the chimes. Can't be Charlton so must be Stockport. Is that 'Play Up County??'

It's sort of like " Ay oop. County". Remember them singing it years ago.