TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Hadji
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Another unsuccessful loan under his belt. Someone really needs to have a word with him about reigning in his bull in a China shop style. Reign it in and get some minutes under your belt ffs. It's football, not UFC FFS.
(30-11-2022, 07:54 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Another unsuccessful loan under his belt. Someone really needs to have a word with him about reigning in his bull in a China shop style. Reign it in and get some minutes under your belt ffs. It's football, not UFC FFS.

I thought hus last  loan to Weymouth was generally regarded as a success ?
Can’t see him remaining a PFC player tbh.
Can't play him at the back if he is going to scythe players down. Struggled at league 2. Shame, think it's going to be a non league career
The PFC Sage has got to sit down with the young man and relate words of great wisdom.

It is sad if it all caves in , seemingly last chance saloon!
He's only 20 and already an international.

I hope the club are not as keen as you lot to write him off already, because there is no doubt that there is potential there if he can cut out his rash tackles. That only needs some coaching so cannot be impossible, and worth the effort because he has the potential to be very good.
(01-12-2022, 12:52 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]He's only 20 and already an international.

I hope the club are not as keen as you lot to write him off already, because there is no doubt that there is potential there if he can cut out his rash tackles. That only needs some coaching so cannot be impossible, and worth the effort because he has the potential to be very good.

The trouble is Deep, we have all known that for some time but he seems unable to change. Being an international for Zanzibar doesn't mean much. Wish him well but like the others on this thread I don't see a future for him at Pompey
I’m not sure you can coach out making stupid decisions, especially at 20.
(01-12-2022, 01:24 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]I’m not sure you can coach out making stupid decisions, especially at 20.

Why on earth not ??? 

20 is very young, and match experiences change players too and he has not had many of them.
If he is tapped in the head, there is no hope for him. If he has a couple of brain cells and realises the situation he is in, there may be hope.

He is well behind where he should be in terms of game time. It was 2 years ago that he came on to the scene. He's in last chance saloon for sure.
"He's only 20 and already an international".

Also on Deep's list of players who are pure quality due to their international pedigree: Liam Walker, Mladen Rudonja .........
(01-12-2022, 02:46 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-12-2022, 01:24 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]I’m not sure you can coach out making stupid decisions, especially at 20.

Why on earth not ??? 

20 is very young, and match experiences change players too and he has not had many of them.

Because that’s how he plays football, he hasn’t learnt at 20. He hasn’t had much match experience for a reason, one of them being getting 2 yellow cards in the first 10 mins of his debut.
(01-12-2022, 05:34 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Why on earth not ??? 

Because that’s how he plays football, he hasn’t learnt at 20. He hasn’t had much match experience for a reason, one of them being getting 2 yellow cards in the first 10 mins of his debut.

The rash tackles is not something that was a major feature of his game as a youth player, so it may just be down to trying too hard in the senior game. But even if it had always been part of his game 20 is still plenty young enough to learn and improve on any part of his game. 

Writing him off at 20 could be a major mistake because if he can fix the problem he becomes a young player potentially worth a lot of money.
The evidence is that he can't.
(01-12-2022, 06:21 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]The evidence is that he can't.

Evidence so far maybe, but he is only 20. 

Are all these people that want to ditch him the same ones that complained about Jackett picking Jamal Lowe when he was struggling for form, or criticised Cowley for persevering with Hackett ?   You have to give young players time to develop and iron out their faults.   Lowe was 23 when we signed him, and still had lots of room for development, Hackett is 24 and has improved beyond all recognition this season.  We should be glad they were not put on the scrapheap at 20.
He still has over 18 months remaining on his PFC contract. He needs to go on loan to somewhere local like H & W where PFC staff can closely monitor his performances & give him advice & coaching with the main squad weekdays as well so he cuts out this rash tackling etc.

Agree with Deep a good prospect but only has this limited time initially to make or break his career in football.
(01-12-2022, 06:02 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-12-2022, 05:34 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Why on earth not ??? 

The rash tackles is not something that was a major feature of his game as a youth player, so it may just be down to trying too hard in the senior game. But even if it had always been part of his game 20 is still plenty young enough to learn and improve on any part of his game. 

Writing him off at 20 could be a major mistake because if he can fix the problem he becomes a young player potentially worth a lot of money.

It’s not part of his game it’s part of his brain.

How many of his youth games have you watched?
(01-12-2022, 06:49 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-12-2022, 06:21 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]The evidence is that he can't.

Evidence so far maybe, but he is only 20. 

Are all these people that want to ditch him the same ones that complained about Jackett picking Jamal Lowe when he was struggling for form, or criticised Cowley for persevering with Hackett ?   You have to give young players time to develop and iron out their faults.   Lowe was 23 when we signed him, and still had lots of room for development, Hackett is 24 and has improved beyond all recognition this season.  We should be glad they were not put on the scrapheap at 20.

It’s not a lack of form it’s a lack of self control.
I've watched him play a fair bit.

Whilst I agree he can be hot-headed at times, he still has a lot of skill, pace and positioning for one so young.

I wouldn't be binning him yet.
(01-12-2022, 10:40 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]I've watched him play a fair bit.

Whilst I agree he can be hot-headed at times, he still has a lot of skill, pace and positioning for one so young.

I wouldn't be binning him yet.

*when he can stay on the pitch
(01-12-2022, 04:15 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]"He's only 20 and already an international".

Also on Deep's list of players who are pure quality due to their international pedigree: Liam Walker, Mladen Rudonja .........

I won't have a word said against Mladen Rudonja....he bought me a drink once!
Mlad the lad
Terminator - H & W would be a good shout, many Pompey go there when PFC away, and PFC staff can monitor close up.
I think the drawback from the hawks is that they play on an artificial pitch. Would be a sensible investment for pfc to assist in maintaining a grass one for them...
The Gills fans call him Jihaji lmfao
Pages: 1 2