TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Auf Wiedersehen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
See ya
Gutted  Big Grin
Lampard goal, no sympathy
BBC sports has some lovely photos of the crying German players.
Not a fan of the schadenfreude myself. FOUR times World champions. We have nothing to crow about.
Jerry Hatrick.
I do have more dislike for Portugal and Italy when it comes to an international football. We have sorted Germany out (who themselves aren't fussed by us, it's the Dutch they can't handle). The Germans find our problem with them to be peculiar and the only aspect of interest about English international football is they can't understand why we are so hung up about penalties!
Germany never played as boringly as we did against the USA so we shouldn't crow. I thought Germany played some good football and are unlucky to go out.
(02-12-2022, 08:41 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I do have more dislike for Portugal and Italy when it comes to an international football. We have sorted Germany out (who themselves aren't fussed by us, it's the Dutch they can't handle). The Germans find our problem with them to be peculiar and the only aspect of interest about English international football is they can't understand why we are so hung up about penalties!

The Germans don’t know why we have a rivalry with them? Have they forgotten about the wars?
Well yes quite. Less the wars that happened before most of us were born and more the football. They don't reciprocate a footballing rivalry with us. They are 4-1 up on us. They are bothered by the Dutch.
Hansi Flick was assistant to Joachim Lowe from 2006-2014. When Lowe retired after Euro2020 ( held in 2021) they brought him back.

Opinion in Germany is that Flick didn't have enough time to rebuild. Although they have quite a few good players they don't have a Klinsman or similar to put the ball in the onion bag on a regular basis.

Hansi Flick & rest of coaching staff are meeting the German equivalent of the FA next week ti discuss their future.

How do I know all this, my son has lived & worked in Berlin for the last 5 years !!
German team are aged and need a reboot like they did in 2010. Think the coach is fine and the team were past their best
(02-12-2022, 05:11 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]German team are aged and need a reboot like they did in 2010. Think the coach is fine and the team were past their best

The German team need to sit and watch whilst England win the World Cup!  Big Grin
(02-12-2022, 12:17 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2022, 08:41 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I do have more dislike for Portugal and Italy when it comes to an international football. We have sorted Germany out (who themselves aren't fussed by us, it's the Dutch they can't handle). The Germans find our problem with them to be peculiar and the only aspect of interest about English international football is they can't understand why we are so hung up about penalties!

The Germans don’t know why we have a rivalry with them? Have they forgotten about the wars?

Don't mention the wars!
(02-12-2022, 05:32 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2022, 12:17 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Don't mention the wars!

I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it
The Dutch have a very good reason to heve a problem with the Germans! More than us actually.
(02-12-2022, 05:11 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]German team are aged and need a reboot like they did in 2010. Think the coach is fine and the team were past their best

"German team are aged" you  don't half talk some utter sh!t "scumlover" - have a look at this  :- 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1298...world-cup/

The German World Cup 2022  were 21st out of 32 in terms of age and  0.3 yrs and 4 places behind England.

I'll believe someone who actually lives, works and   talks to German football fans, not some armchair football "expert".
(02-12-2022, 06:53 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]The Dutch have a very good reason to heve a problem with the Germans! More than us actually.

My childhood next door neighbour from Amsterdam was covered in whip lacerations, courtesy of not disposing of his Dutch school books. He was always very fond of the German national team.

Trying to think what comedian said 'I've got nothing against the Germans. I miss my grandparents, but nothing against them at all.'

Meanwhile, schadenfreude being their own word, it'd be rude not to apply it. They're upset enough as it is.
Speaking of comedian's, the best thing to come out of Germany (after Becks and Heidi Klum) is Henning Wehn. He sends up the Krauts more than most Brits.
Exterm posting he isn't interested in the views of arm chair football fans on a fucking football message board lmfao
(03-12-2022, 02:05 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Exterm posting he isn't interested in the views of arm chair football fans on a fucking football message board lmfao

Don't worry yourself "Scumlover" the  Idea might go on in that noddle of yours one day but don't count on it  Big Grin
Tenuously back to comedians/comedy, I can't find the World Cup post about national anthems but I just heard Australia's - the only thing I can think of is the 'Only When I Laugh' 70's sitcom theme. It's f'ing terrible.