TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: England .... and the next game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some of the results in this World Cup have shattered the illusion that there is, ever again, an "easy game" against international teams.

I trust that Gareth Southgate and crew are totally glued to one mindset only - beating Senegal over the course of the 96-100 minutes on Sunday ! All the media crap about one eye on the next match - please . 

Having watched a lot of the WC games I have formed the opinion that the performance levels between the so called better teams - and the minnows has narrowed considerably. 

Success in the tournament has been/will be achieved by performance on the day - total focus, total commitment.

England can go all the way in this competition if all our players perform at their very best - how many teams would not like about three or four of our team if trey had the chance?
It's going to be a stupid starting XI and a stupid ref decision that does us
I think its going to be France that does us.
Our weakness is against unadventurous organised fit teams. Senegal will be two of those things. They'll have a go and we need to counter effectively when they do.
need to keep pens for as long as we can
(02-12-2022, 02:49 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Our weakness is against unadventurous organised fit teams. Senegal will be two of those things. They'll have a go and we need to counter effectively when they do.

Senegal are a dangerous opponent, I agree with what you are saying about us countering them effectively. I think Rashford and Foden are starting to step up for England and it will probably be an entertaining and hopefully successful game for us
At least there is an advantage for us, not playing next summer, out players are not completely knackered like they usually are.
We would be worthy champions to win now, horrible side of the draw
(06-12-2022, 09:12 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]We would be worthy champions to win now, horrible side of the draw

We have a group of players as good as any other squad out there. That alone doesn’t win you tournaments. To win tournaments you also need an elite manager capable of setting the team up to beat any opposition and a huge slice of luck.
France...first real test.
I hold by my earlier comment :-

"England can go all the way in this competition if all our players perform at their very best - how many teams would not like about three or four of our team if trey had the chance?

If they want it more they WILL prevail !
Jerusalem,Jerusalem