TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Pompey or England?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Best case scenario would obviously be both teams winning today but.....
.....if you had to choose only one winner today, with the other losing, which team would it be?
Pompey, but unlikely as Scarlett will undoubtedly be back.
Pompey
England
Pompey every time. 

If you score a Pompey win or defeat as +10 or -10 then the equivalent for England is +4 or -4.  I suppose if they reach the final that would go up a bit for that one match.
Agree, Pompey every time for me too. I actually fancy Senegal to beat England tonight.. they're a good side. Wycombe will be the usual tough slog.
PUP
Pompey, no question. Like many I just can't develop that visceral connection with England.
....ermm....come on England
OMG both could lose.
Never mind Black Friday, it could be Miserable Sunday
Pompey always but my interest is waning with another miserable season unfolding
Will Southgate manage to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory tonight, with negative tactical decisions.
(04-12-2022, 04:06 PM)farq2 Wrote: [ -> ]Will Southgate manage to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory tonight, with negative tactical decisions.

No we’re going through tonight. Open game, 3-1 England
I still haven’t watched any of the World Cup and I refuse to do so. The whole thing is a farce.
(04-12-2022, 04:38 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I still haven’t watched any of the World Cup and I refuse to do so. The whole thing is a farce.

There’s been some brilliant games.
(04-12-2022, 04:38 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I still haven’t watched any of the World Cup and I refuse to do so. The whole thing is a farce.

Well if you ignore the politics, which should never have been introduced into it anyway, it hasn’t been too bad.

I certainly wouldn’t cut off my nose to spite my face by not watching any of it.

I’ve watched the England games live in the pub and caught the highlights of the other games on YouTube.

I’d still rather Pompey had won today of course but they didn’t’, so hopefully England can provide a bit of cheer. Whatever happens a few pints never go amiss  Smile .
I really can’t be arsed. I readily confess I know absolutely nothing about Premier League football or the England squad.

As for Qatar winning the bid to host the World Cup… it really does deserve to be boycotted and for FIFA to realise that this should never happen again. The money and the corruption have ruined so much that is good about the game.

Enjoy your beer, Gaff. I don’t need the excuse to do that.
England play like Pompey
But score
I was just gonna say how carp is Henderson and he scores. Doh
All the cunts responsible for it going to Qatar got the bullet. We got what we wanted. Infantino has tainted himself by trying to defend it though. Could have just said respect the process and move on. Silly bald coont.

As for the fans, no crowing when the tournament went to Brazil. Check out their human rights record and the way they treated their people during COVID
"Crowing"?
(04-12-2022, 08:13 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]All the cunts responsible for it going to Qatar got the bullet. We got what we wanted. Infantino has tainted himself by trying to defend it though. Could have just said respect the process and move on. Silly bald coont.

As for the fans, no crowing when the tournament went to Brazil. Check out their human rights record and the way they treated their people during COVID

Brazil hosted the World Cup in 2014, six years before Covid, and under an opposing political wing. Seems a tad unfair to demonise them for future events.
Lol .
Pompey or England? I doubt I'll ever have to choose. Much more fun watching England over the last 4 years though.

Bring on les frogs!
Pompey. By a long way
Pages: 1 2