TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: What will it take?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the Cowleys to be shown the door?
Another year of abject failure, we are well on the way
Miserable , lacklustre and disjointed yet again
Reaching the end of their contract.
How long is their contract? Don't think they ever said
Wycombe away, where the end for many Pompey managers begins
They absolutely should not get a new contract before the end of the season.
Yes sadly I cant see the Eisners sacking them mid season. They don't feel the disappointments like fans do.
Pound is weak at the moment on the dollar. Eisners will be well pleased
(04-12-2022, 02:30 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Pound is weak at the moment on the dollar. Eisners will be well pleased

Up 10 cents in past 3 weeks
There are a number of reasons why Cowley must go, but I feel what has ultimately done for him is his unwillingness to pair Bishop and Pigott as his main strike force. I have a chum who supports Wimbledon, so I track their results. Pigott was always popping up with important goals for them at this level. I was pleased when Cowley recruited him. Little did I realise that he had no intention of playing him. His level of stupidity is incredible, but then nobody's ever accused a pe teacher of having anything between their ears.
Pigott certainly hasn’t shone much in the games he has played in the cups Hereford apart. In fact, one game (I can’t remember which one) he was, quite frankly, awful.

Ipswich speak in the same terms about Pigott performances as we do about Harness. The biggest difference being that Harness does actually score goals and has the occasional good game.

Having said all that, I thought the Bishop/Pigott pairing looked pretty effective early on. At the same time, when Scarlett was made first choice, (like most on here) I thought we had the most potent looking strike force in the division.

Scarlett was about the only one who looked like scoring today and he had to make those opportunities for himself.
(04-12-2022, 06:28 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Pigott certainly hasn’t shone much in the games he has played in the cups Hereford apart. In fact, one game (I can’t remember which one) he was, quite frankly, awful.

Ipswich speak in the same terms about Pigott performances as we do about Harness. The biggest difference being that Harness does actually score goals and has the occasional good game.

Having said all that, I thought the Bishop/Pigott pairing looked pretty effective early on. At the same time, when Scarlett was made first choice, (like most on here) I thought we had the most potent looking strike force in the division.

Scarlett was about the only one who looked like scoring today and he had to make those opportunities for himself.

Pigott has never had a decent run in the first team to see how good he is, unlike Scarlett. Pigott was very effective at Wimbledon.
(04-12-2022, 06:28 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Pigott certainly hasn’t shone much in the games he has played in the cups Hereford apart. In fact, one game (I can’t remember which one) he was, quite frankly, awful.

I disagree with just about all of this. That’s football I guess.
At this stage, I think Danny is playing Scarlett week in week out, just to stay in the good books of Spuds. I think he wants more loan players in the future from them, and if he shows that he is willing to play them, even if its to the detriment of the club he is managing. That's what he is willing too do.
But is he actually helping the boy himself? Normally you would give youngsters bits of games or a few games and then a rest. As for Pigott not taking his chances, you have to wonder just how pissed off must he be? Formed a good partnership with Colby, then that got binned. And afterwards, nothing he does on the pitch will change his status in the eyes of our pig headed twat of a manager.
Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, teach PE
I think DC wants to be the Spurs or Arsenal U21 coach as he loves coaching young talent more than he enjoys managing adults.