TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Spurs game confirmed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sat 7th @ 12.30. 

Can't believe they have gone for the same day as Palace v Scum, even with no trains (at the moment).
(05-12-2022, 04:20 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Sat 7th @ 12.30. 

Can't believe they have gone for the same day as Palace v Scum, even with no trains (at the moment).

Fecking ignorant kunts. Do they take enjoyment in acting like dicks to fans?
For once we cannot blame TV. 

More likely police advice due to the game at Palace.
less time to be in pubs before the game I would have thought being a prime mover too.
50 years of acting like cunts in London also a factor. Something something bottles of brown, Pompey boys in tahn
(06-12-2022, 07:34 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]50 years of acting like cunts in London also a factor. Something something bottles of brown, Pompey boys in tahn

Yep. "Sorry lads, landlady's orders, it's locals only whenever Pompey are in town". Memorable words of the barman last time we stepped into the Queen Anne in Vauxhall.  Both long gone now. Landlady was murdered out in the  Caribbean and pub is a community theatre hub.
Blimey that's a long way for the 657 to travel for a straightener
(05-12-2022, 05:57 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]For once we cannot blame TV. 

It's entirely to do with tv deep. The fa have sold the game to an international market to fill their pockets. Its taken the money and left fans to fight it out for themselves. 8,800 plus 50 from sum all heading along the same fecking route. It shows yet again the contempt for fans. Good job there us a rail strike. Can you imagine getting on at Cosham or havant only to find the skummers have nicked the seats!?

As the game is sold, I think that means it's not even on ifollow. Could be wrong but seem to remember that was the case.
(08-12-2022, 08:20 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-12-2022, 05:57 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]For once we cannot blame TV. 

It's entirely to do with tv deep. The fa have sold the game to an international market to fill their pockets. Its taken the money and left fans to fight it out for themselves. 8,800 plus 50 from sum all heading along the same fecking route. It shows yet again the contempt for fans. Good job there us a rail strike. Can you imagine getting on at Cosham or havant only to find the skummers have nicked the seats!?

As the game is sold, I think that means it's not even on ifollow. Could be wrong but seem to remember that was the case.

You may be right, but I thought they sold all the games to the international market in which case i fail to see why that will have influenced the kick off time of our game more than any other.  

Far more likely to be the police keeping us put of the pubs IMO. We have history of problems in pubs in the Tottenham area.
Just looked at national rail enquiries.... rail engineering works in the Basingstoke/Woking/Weybridge area, affecting both direct routes into Waterloo from Scum and Pompey. Bus replacement service between Guildford or Basingstoke and Woking that weekend. Complicates things further doesn't it? Double whammy for the scummers- also bus replacement service around Norwood Junction area.  Think I'll be driving up to a tube station myself.
(08-12-2022, 12:09 PM)BabaOReally Wrote: [ -> ]Just looked at national rail enquiries.... rail engineering works in the Basingstoke/Woking/Weybridge area, affecting both direct routes into Waterloo from Scum and Pompey. Bus replacement service between Guildford or Basingstoke and Woking that weekend. Complicates things further doesn't it? Double whammy for the scummers- also bus replacement service around Norwood Junction area.  Think I'll be driving up to a tube station myself.

There's a rail strike that day, no guarantee of any trains at all.
Tickets sorted in the safe-standing area. Could be interesting.
No trains, no pub, early kick off, hammered roads.

Anyone that wants a ticket gets a ticket methinks.

Shame that a top FA cup away draw has been ruined.
(08-12-2022, 12:09 PM)BabaOReally Wrote: [ -> ]Just looked at national rail enquiries.... rail engineering works in the Basingstoke/Woking/Weybridge area, affecting both direct routes into Waterloo from Scum and Pompey. Bus replacement service between Guildford or Basingstoke and Woking that weekend. Complicates things further doesn't it? Double whammy for the scummers- also bus replacement service around Norwood Junction area.  Think I'll be driving up to a tube station myself.

If you want to go up, and not pay any charges... Try.

No congestion charges or clean air zone...

SW19 7HR
Wimbledon Park tube station

Free parking right on top of the tube station as well.
(12-12-2022, 07:53 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]

SW19 7HR

I think that was the one we used for years. 1:30 pick up at the dockyard (my mate's work) Whizz up the A3, Wimbledon Station car park and on to the underground to where ever we were playing that weekend. Or across to Euston/Kings Cross. for more distant games when he could get the day off.
You can park for free within 50 yards of the tube.. Great location if you are willing just to drive up the A3... If you can get someone else to drive too, you can have a few shandy's.Wink shhhh
(12-12-2022, 06:10 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]Tickets sorted in the safe-standing area. Could be interesting.

Is this area clearly marked? I've no wish to end up in the special needs section trying to convince myself that it really is just like the old days innit.
Safe space area, that's going to trigger a few on here
(12-12-2022, 07:53 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]

SW19 7HR

looking at the route. long time since we went that way
Where is the free parking please?